*Stay at home moms are nothing new. But, what about a guy with kids who works from home and takes care of his children who are not yet school age? Now, that’s a relatively new concept.
Some people might think of this dad and smile or maybe laugh out loud at all of the hilarious things that could happen when he interacts with his children. Think diaper changing and the simple unpredictability of toddlers. That’s just part of the premise of the new NBC sitcom, “Guys with Kids,” starring Anthony Anderson and Tempestt Bledsoe. They’re a thirty something couple. He’s a stay at home dad and she goes off into the work world.
Anderson is one of three fathers featured on the show. They each are dealing with different parenting situations in their lives.
“You’re going to watch our show every week and you’re going to think that we were peeping through your window watching you watch your kids. It’s going to be rooted in reality. And we’re going to have a lot of fun with it.” Anderson said.
Who better than Anderson, an accomplished comic actor, to be in that role, along with Bledsoe, who is perhaps best known as Vanessa Huxtable from the “Cosby Show.” But, she didn’t think about those days being a Cosby kid when she filmed the pilot episode. However, she recognized the significance of her past.
“People have often said (to her) this is full circle. I hope to do a wonderful job, and as I said, do it to the best of my ability. Felicia set a standard. That’s an iconic character that she played. I’m just gonna enjoy the work that I’m doing right now and hopefully the audience will enjoy the show also.”
Bledsoe referred to the award winning actress Felicia Rashad, who played her mother on the “Cosby Show.”
Meanwhile, Anderson wasn’t shy about admitting one reason he agreed to be on “Guys With Kids” after being in serious roles on television including the acclaimed “Law & Order.”
“It was time for me to get back to the comedic world in television. I took a break from it to prove, just prove a point that that I’m an actor and not just, uh, a funny guy.”
Anderson’s friend, Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC’s “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” is Executive Producer of the sitcom. “Guys with Kids” premieres on Wednesday, September 26, 8:30 p.m. ET.
(Tene’ has more on “Guys with Kids” including a scene from the show in the video below)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here