*(Via Yahoo News) – President Barack Obama lampooned the just-completed Republican National Convention as better-suited to an era of black-and-white TV and ” trickle-down, you’re on your own” economics Saturday, and declared that Mitt Romney “did not offer a single new idea” to fix the economy.
“There was a lot of talk about hard truths and bold choices, but no one actually told you what they were,” Obama said, chuckling, as he set out on a three-day tour of battleground states in the run-up to his own convention.
Yet even the site of Obama’s convention, Charlotte, N.C., served as an unwelcome reminder to the Democrats of an economy so weak that it threatens his chances for re-election.
The president carried North Carolina in 2008, but the state’s unemployment rate is pegged at 9.6 percent, well higher than the nation’s 8.3 percent and tied with next-door South Carolina for fifth from the bottom.
Obama’s convention opens Tuesday at the Time Warner Cable arena with evening speeches by first lady Michelle Obama and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, the keynote speaker.
Read/learn more at Yahoo News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rihanna Talks Casual Sex, Rachel Dolezal, Wanting to Change Chris Brown
- Health: You Could Possibly Have A Hidden Illness if Any of These Symptoms Show Up
- 27 Bill Cosby Accusers Set for NBC ‘Dateline’ Special (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Taps Husband Vince for Emotional 'DWTS' Routine (Watch)
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here