Baker suffered the “mini stroke” as he was being released from Northwestern Memorial Hospital where was being treated for an irregular heartbeat last Friday.
“I guess on the way out he was feeling pretty good, he was leaving, and he had some slurred speech,” Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo said to the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I guess they diagnosed a real minor, slight stroke. They said they see it all the time with that kind of irregular heartbeat.”
Baker, 63, fell ill last Wednesday while the Reds were in Chicago for a three-game series against the Cubs.
According to the Chicago Tribune, he received immediate treatment and the effects of the stroke were minimized and Baker returned to Cincinnati on Sunday where he has made nearly a full recovery.
Read/learn more at theGrio.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Blake Shelton Curses Out Beyonce’s Country Haters (Watch)
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here