Baker suffered the “mini stroke” as he was being released from Northwestern Memorial Hospital where was being treated for an irregular heartbeat last Friday.
“I guess on the way out he was feeling pretty good, he was leaving, and he had some slurred speech,” Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo said to the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I guess they diagnosed a real minor, slight stroke. They said they see it all the time with that kind of irregular heartbeat.”
Baker, 63, fell ill last Wednesday while the Reds were in Chicago for a three-game series against the Cubs.
According to the Chicago Tribune, he received immediate treatment and the effects of the stroke were minimized and Baker returned to Cincinnati on Sunday where he has made nearly a full recovery.
Read/learn more at theGrio.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here