Baker suffered the “mini stroke” as he was being released from Northwestern Memorial Hospital where was being treated for an irregular heartbeat last Friday.
“I guess on the way out he was feeling pretty good, he was leaving, and he had some slurred speech,” Reds pitcher Bronson Arroyo said to the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I guess they diagnosed a real minor, slight stroke. They said they see it all the time with that kind of irregular heartbeat.”
Baker, 63, fell ill last Wednesday while the Reds were in Chicago for a three-game series against the Cubs.
According to the Chicago Tribune, he received immediate treatment and the effects of the stroke were minimized and Baker returned to Cincinnati on Sunday where he has made nearly a full recovery.
Read/learn more at theGrio.
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here