There has been a lot of ink spilled about the under representation of black gay characters in film and television. The National Black Justice Coalition — a civil rights organization dedicated to empowering Black LGBT people — has even teamed with GLADD to help improve the visibility of gay characters of color in the media. The CW also attempts to fill the void with its criminally under-watched showbiz dramedy, The L.A. Complex.
The Toronto-lensed series chronicles the lives of pretty young things living in Hollywood, and their never-ending quest for fame. Newcomer Andra Fuller finds himself at the epicenter of the show’s most talked about storyline. The Houston native plays Kaldrick King, a menacing, volatile gangsta rapper from Oakland who also happens to be gay, closeted and involved in a hush-hush relationship with Tariq, an eager music producer plucked to work on Kaldrick’s new album. Fuller had no trepidations about taking the part, but those around him were leery about his decision.
Read more at Black Enterprise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here