According to Lady Soul’s publicist, David Brokaw, she has approved a story treatment and has ordered a script. She is in negotiations with top directors and producers.
Franklin’s life story, covering her decades as the Queen of Soul, is an epic tale with probably the most starring and supporting roles since ROOTS.
Aretha has set Dorothy Norwood, Karen Clark and La Shun Pace to portray the legendary Clara Ward singers in the movie. All three are renown, award
winning Gospel artists in their own right. She is still looking for actresses to portray Clara and her mother Gertrude Ward.
Clara and Gertrude Ward are plum roles. While Aretha is the Queen of Soul, Clara Ward was the first Queen of Gospel.
As Franklin says in her autobiography, “From These Roots”:
“I had never heard a voice like Clara Ward’s — and still haven’t. I was only a small child, but after hearing Clara there was no question in my mind one day I would be a singer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- T.I. Apologizes for ‘Insensitive’ Comments About Female President
- Baltimore PD Can’t Find Record of Ben Carson Being Held Up at Popeyes
- Suge Knight, Katt Williams Will Face Trial in Robbery Case
- Flavor Flav Pleads Guilty Over Traffic Stop En Route to Mom’s Funeral
- Preview a Clip of Niecy Nash in Tonight's SCREAM QUEENS: 'Pumpkin Patch' - WATCH!
- First Look: Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Lion from ‘The Wiz Live!’ (Pics)
- Columbus Short, Vivica A. Fox, Evan Ross Set for ‘True to the Game’
- Gabrielle Union, Jimmy Fallon Spice Up High School Announcements (Watch)
- Bobby Brown Inks Deal for ‘Raw and Unvarnished’ Memoir
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here