According to Lady Soul’s publicist, David Brokaw, she has approved a story treatment and has ordered a script. She is in negotiations with top directors and producers.
Franklin’s life story, covering her decades as the Queen of Soul, is an epic tale with probably the most starring and supporting roles since ROOTS.
Aretha has set Dorothy Norwood, Karen Clark and La Shun Pace to portray the legendary Clara Ward singers in the movie. All three are renown, award
winning Gospel artists in their own right. She is still looking for actresses to portray Clara and her mother Gertrude Ward.
Clara and Gertrude Ward are plum roles. While Aretha is the Queen of Soul, Clara Ward was the first Queen of Gospel.
As Franklin says in her autobiography, “From These Roots”:
“I had never heard a voice like Clara Ward’s — and still haven’t. I was only a small child, but after hearing Clara there was no question in my mind one day I would be a singer.”
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here