According to Lady Soul’s publicist, David Brokaw, she has approved a story treatment and has ordered a script. She is in negotiations with top directors and producers.
Franklin’s life story, covering her decades as the Queen of Soul, is an epic tale with probably the most starring and supporting roles since ROOTS.
Aretha has set Dorothy Norwood, Karen Clark and La Shun Pace to portray the legendary Clara Ward singers in the movie. All three are renown, award
winning Gospel artists in their own right. She is still looking for actresses to portray Clara and her mother Gertrude Ward.
Clara and Gertrude Ward are plum roles. While Aretha is the Queen of Soul, Clara Ward was the first Queen of Gospel.
As Franklin says in her autobiography, “From These Roots”:
“I had never heard a voice like Clara Ward’s — and still haven’t. I was only a small child, but after hearing Clara there was no question in my mind one day I would be a singer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here