According to Lady Soul’s publicist, David Brokaw, she has approved a story treatment and has ordered a script. She is in negotiations with top directors and producers.
Franklin’s life story, covering her decades as the Queen of Soul, is an epic tale with probably the most starring and supporting roles since ROOTS.
Aretha has set Dorothy Norwood, Karen Clark and La Shun Pace to portray the legendary Clara Ward singers in the movie. All three are renown, award
winning Gospel artists in their own right. She is still looking for actresses to portray Clara and her mother Gertrude Ward.
Clara and Gertrude Ward are plum roles. While Aretha is the Queen of Soul, Clara Ward was the first Queen of Gospel.
As Franklin says in her autobiography, “From These Roots”:
“I had never heard a voice like Clara Ward’s — and still haven’t. I was only a small child, but after hearing Clara there was no question in my mind one day I would be a singer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here