According to Lady Soul’s publicist, David Brokaw, she has approved a story treatment and has ordered a script. She is in negotiations with top directors and producers.
Franklin’s life story, covering her decades as the Queen of Soul, is an epic tale with probably the most starring and supporting roles since ROOTS.
Aretha has set Dorothy Norwood, Karen Clark and La Shun Pace to portray the legendary Clara Ward singers in the movie. All three are renown, award
winning Gospel artists in their own right. She is still looking for actresses to portray Clara and her mother Gertrude Ward.
Clara and Gertrude Ward are plum roles. While Aretha is the Queen of Soul, Clara Ward was the first Queen of Gospel.
As Franklin says in her autobiography, “From These Roots”:
“I had never heard a voice like Clara Ward’s — and still haven’t. I was only a small child, but after hearing Clara there was no question in my mind one day I would be a singer.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here