*SACRAMENTO, CA – Assembly bill 1950 authored by Assemblyman Mike Davis was signed by Governor Brown today.
The bill extends the statute of limitations from 1 to 3 years on violations connected with foreclosure related crimes. The bill is part of a larger bill package sponsored by Attorney General Kamala Harris, called the Homeowners Bill of Rights.
“This bill will insure that the Attorney General has ample time to investigate and prosecute mortgage crimes in California. AB 1950 is the final bill signed by Governor Jerry Brown, which completes Attorney General Kamala Harris’ California Bill of Rights. This is one of our most significant bills this legislative session,” revealed Assemblyman Mike Davis, who is also Vice Chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus.
As of January 1, 2013, AB 1950 will enable more thorough investigations and prosecutions of mortgage-related crime by changing the statute of limitations for mortgage-related crimes to three years. The legislation will amend Penal Code, section 802, to provide a four year statute of limitations for violations of Civil Code sections 2944.6 and 2944.7, and Business and Professions Code sections 6126, 10085.6 and 10130.
Assemblyman Mike Davis is the current vice-chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus, Chair of the Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism and Internet Media Committee and the Select Committee on Rail Transportation. He serves as Committee Member on Appropriations, Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Local Government, Rules, and the Select Committees on High Speed Rail and Procurement. He was elected to serve the 48th District in November of 2006. Located in Los Angeles County, the district is home to a myriad of diverse communities including: Arlington Park, Athens, Chesterfield Square, King Estates, Korea Town, Lafayette Park, Magnolia Square, North University Park, University Park, Vermont Knolls, West Adams, West Park Terrace and Wilshire Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye Claims He's Discriminated Against Because He's Not Gay
- The Game Stops by SKEE TV; Discusses #Documentary2 & Disses Young Thug (WATCH)
- Ben Carson Remembers Being Held at Gunpoint While in Popeye’s
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here