*SACRAMENTO, CA – Assembly bill 1950 authored by Assemblyman Mike Davis was signed by Governor Brown today.
The bill extends the statute of limitations from 1 to 3 years on violations connected with foreclosure related crimes. The bill is part of a larger bill package sponsored by Attorney General Kamala Harris, called the Homeowners Bill of Rights.
“This bill will insure that the Attorney General has ample time to investigate and prosecute mortgage crimes in California. AB 1950 is the final bill signed by Governor Jerry Brown, which completes Attorney General Kamala Harris’ California Bill of Rights. This is one of our most significant bills this legislative session,” revealed Assemblyman Mike Davis, who is also Vice Chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus.
As of January 1, 2013, AB 1950 will enable more thorough investigations and prosecutions of mortgage-related crime by changing the statute of limitations for mortgage-related crimes to three years. The legislation will amend Penal Code, section 802, to provide a four year statute of limitations for violations of Civil Code sections 2944.6 and 2944.7, and Business and Professions Code sections 6126, 10085.6 and 10130.
Assemblyman Mike Davis is the current vice-chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus, Chair of the Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism and Internet Media Committee and the Select Committee on Rail Transportation. He serves as Committee Member on Appropriations, Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Local Government, Rules, and the Select Committees on High Speed Rail and Procurement. He was elected to serve the 48th District in November of 2006. Located in Los Angeles County, the district is home to a myriad of diverse communities including: Arlington Park, Athens, Chesterfield Square, King Estates, Korea Town, Lafayette Park, Magnolia Square, North University Park, University Park, Vermont Knolls, West Adams, West Park Terrace and Wilshire Center.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here