*SACRAMENTO, CA – Assembly bill 1950 authored by Assemblyman Mike Davis was signed by Governor Brown today.
The bill extends the statute of limitations from 1 to 3 years on violations connected with foreclosure related crimes. The bill is part of a larger bill package sponsored by Attorney General Kamala Harris, called the Homeowners Bill of Rights.
“This bill will insure that the Attorney General has ample time to investigate and prosecute mortgage crimes in California. AB 1950 is the final bill signed by Governor Jerry Brown, which completes Attorney General Kamala Harris’ California Bill of Rights. This is one of our most significant bills this legislative session,” revealed Assemblyman Mike Davis, who is also Vice Chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus.
As of January 1, 2013, AB 1950 will enable more thorough investigations and prosecutions of mortgage-related crime by changing the statute of limitations for mortgage-related crimes to three years. The legislation will amend Penal Code, section 802, to provide a four year statute of limitations for violations of Civil Code sections 2944.6 and 2944.7, and Business and Professions Code sections 6126, 10085.6 and 10130.
Assemblyman Mike Davis is the current vice-chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus, Chair of the Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism and Internet Media Committee and the Select Committee on Rail Transportation. He serves as Committee Member on Appropriations, Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Local Government, Rules, and the Select Committees on High Speed Rail and Procurement. He was elected to serve the 48th District in November of 2006. Located in Los Angeles County, the district is home to a myriad of diverse communities including: Arlington Park, Athens, Chesterfield Square, King Estates, Korea Town, Lafayette Park, Magnolia Square, North University Park, University Park, Vermont Knolls, West Adams, West Park Terrace and Wilshire Center.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here