*SACRAMENTO, CA – Assembly bill 1950 authored by Assemblyman Mike Davis was signed by Governor Brown today.
The bill extends the statute of limitations from 1 to 3 years on violations connected with foreclosure related crimes. The bill is part of a larger bill package sponsored by Attorney General Kamala Harris, called the Homeowners Bill of Rights.
“This bill will insure that the Attorney General has ample time to investigate and prosecute mortgage crimes in California. AB 1950 is the final bill signed by Governor Jerry Brown, which completes Attorney General Kamala Harris’ California Bill of Rights. This is one of our most significant bills this legislative session,” revealed Assemblyman Mike Davis, who is also Vice Chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus.
As of January 1, 2013, AB 1950 will enable more thorough investigations and prosecutions of mortgage-related crime by changing the statute of limitations for mortgage-related crimes to three years. The legislation will amend Penal Code, section 802, to provide a four year statute of limitations for violations of Civil Code sections 2944.6 and 2944.7, and Business and Professions Code sections 6126, 10085.6 and 10130.
Assemblyman Mike Davis is the current vice-chair of the California Legislative Black Caucus, Chair of the Arts, Entertainment, Sports, Tourism and Internet Media Committee and the Select Committee on Rail Transportation. He serves as Committee Member on Appropriations, Environmental Safety and Toxic Materials, Local Government, Rules, and the Select Committees on High Speed Rail and Procurement. He was elected to serve the 48th District in November of 2006. Located in Los Angeles County, the district is home to a myriad of diverse communities including: Arlington Park, Athens, Chesterfield Square, King Estates, Korea Town, Lafayette Park, Magnolia Square, North University Park, University Park, Vermont Knolls, West Adams, West Park Terrace and Wilshire Center.
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here