“People need to know before I’m associated with any party, I am an American and that’s what I want to drive home at the RNC.” – BeBe Winans, Gospel/R&B singer
In his interview with reporter Wendy L. Wilson, who is covering both conventions for Essence.com, he says people have a tendency to forget that politicians are people too.
“It’s so easy to sit back in your comfort zone and judge people and say you’re this and you’re that. So to come here and to be a part of the Convention, I feel like I am showing bipartisanship and taking a stand as an American. I applaud anyone who wants to take on the load that comes with being President of the United States. You really have to love your country to place yourself in that position.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Winans, who will turn 50 this month, says the thought of how African Americans might react crossed his mind, but added that at this point in his life, he quickly dismissed those thoughts.
“I am at a point in my life where I know who I am, and I know what I’m all about. I have never been the type of person who has ever worried about what people think,” states Winans; who had yet to meet Romney or Ryan, but said he was looking forward to meeting them at the convention.
To read the entire interview cat Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- F. Gary Gray in Talks to Direct ‘Fast and Furious 8’
- Wendy Williams Wants Terrence Howard Off 'Empire'; He Responds
- EUR On the Scene: The 18th Annual First Ladies High Tea (WATCH)
- Iyanla Vanzant Gets Real as Woman Confronts Gay Pastor Husband
- Memo to Publisher McGraw-Hill: 'Slaves' Were Not 'Workers' (Watch)
- Tupac Planned to Kill ‘Thug Life’ Via 'Thug Life is Dead' Letter
- Steven Ivory: Lunch, with a Side of Humility
- Janet Jackson Reschedules Vegas Shows Supposedly to Rest Voice
- Jeremiah Wright is Still Hatin' on President Obama
- The Socialist's Journal: Quarterly Quick Hits Part 3
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here