*Actor Ben Vereen has filed for divorce from his wife of 36 years.
According to court records in Los Angeles, the Tony Award-winner filed the petition on Thursday, citing irreconcilable differences. The actor-dancer married wife Nancy Bruner Vereen in July 1976, although his filing states the pair separated in March.
The 65-year-old won a best actor in a musical Tony Award in 1973 for his role in “Pippin” and he appeared in numerous films and television series. His acting credits vary from a role in the miniseries “Roots” and a guest stint on “How I Met Your Mother,” as well as a Golden Globe nominated performance in the film “Funny Lady.”
Vereen is asking a court to terminate his estranged wife’s ability to collect spousal support.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Diddy Joining ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Pharrell Williams
- Janet Jackson Sighting: Paps Finally Catch Her After Surgery (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here