*Beyonce and Carole King are joining Oprah Winfrey and Alicia Keys at Keys’ annual Black Ball event, which benefits her Keep a Child Alive charity that assists people affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
Beyonce and King will perform at the fundraising gala on Nov. 1 at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom. The night will honor Winfrey and Beninese singer Angélique Kidjo for their philanthropic efforts.
Keys, Kidjo and rock group Alabama Shakes will also perform. Whoopi Goldberg will be the night’s emcee.
In a statement Keys says King has “blazed the trail for women in the music industry,” adding about the rest of the line-up: “women will be rocking the house this year.”
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here