*Beyonce and Carole King are joining Oprah Winfrey and Alicia Keys at Keys’ annual Black Ball event, which benefits her Keep a Child Alive charity that assists people affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
Beyonce and King will perform at the fundraising gala on Nov. 1 at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom. The night will honor Winfrey and Beninese singer Angélique Kidjo for their philanthropic efforts.
Keys, Kidjo and rock group Alabama Shakes will also perform. Whoopi Goldberg will be the night’s emcee.
In a statement Keys says King has “blazed the trail for women in the music industry,” adding about the rest of the line-up: “women will be rocking the house this year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Stop Complaining About that Mole, This Could've Happened!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here