*Beyonce and Carole King are joining Oprah Winfrey and Alicia Keys at Keys’ annual Black Ball event, which benefits her Keep a Child Alive charity that assists people affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
Beyonce and King will perform at the fundraising gala on Nov. 1 at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom. The night will honor Winfrey and Beninese singer Angélique Kidjo for their philanthropic efforts.
Keys, Kidjo and rock group Alabama Shakes will also perform. Whoopi Goldberg will be the night’s emcee.
In a statement Keys says King has “blazed the trail for women in the music industry,” adding about the rest of the line-up: “women will be rocking the house this year.”
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here