*Beyonce and Carole King are joining Oprah Winfrey and Alicia Keys at Keys’ annual Black Ball event, which benefits her Keep a Child Alive charity that assists people affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
Beyonce and King will perform at the fundraising gala on Nov. 1 at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom. The night will honor Winfrey and Beninese singer Angélique Kidjo for their philanthropic efforts.
Keys, Kidjo and rock group Alabama Shakes will also perform. Whoopi Goldberg will be the night’s emcee.
In a statement Keys says King has “blazed the trail for women in the music industry,” adding about the rest of the line-up: “women will be rocking the house this year.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here