*Blues singer Buddy Guy joins actor Dustin Hoffman, comedian/TV host David Letterman, ballerina Natalia Makarova and the rock group Led Zeppelin as recipients of this year’s Kennedy Center Honors.
The artists will be celebrated Dec. 4 at a gala to be broadcast Dec. 26 on CBS. As always, the president and first lady will attend the ceremony, along with an invited audience of entertainment and political names.
Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein said this year’s honors fest will salute individuals whose “extraordinary talent, creativity and tenacity have contributed significantly to the cultural life of our nation and the world.”
He called Guy “a titan of the blues” and “a tremendous influence on virtually everyone who has picked up an electric guitar in the last half century.”
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here