*Blues singer Buddy Guy joins actor Dustin Hoffman, comedian/TV host David Letterman, ballerina Natalia Makarova and the rock group Led Zeppelin as recipients of this year’s Kennedy Center Honors.
The artists will be celebrated Dec. 4 at a gala to be broadcast Dec. 26 on CBS. As always, the president and first lady will attend the ceremony, along with an invited audience of entertainment and political names.
Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein said this year’s honors fest will salute individuals whose “extraordinary talent, creativity and tenacity have contributed significantly to the cultural life of our nation and the world.”
He called Guy “a titan of the blues” and “a tremendous influence on virtually everyone who has picked up an electric guitar in the last half century.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Beyonce Adds Dates to North American Leg of Formation Tour
- NewsOne Now: Chicago Pastor Sues Police for Road Rage Attack (WATCH)
- Puff Daddy Announces Retirement from Music to Focus on Acting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here