*Chad Johnson has been sentenced in his domestic violence case.
A judge in Miami ordered a year’s probation for the ex-NFL receiver as well as a counseling program after he pleaded no contest to headbutting his ex-wife Evelyn Lozada.
Johnson, formerly known as Ochocinco, played for the Miami Dolphins before he was cut following the violence allegations. Lozada was treated in hospital for her injuries and has immediately filed for divorce despite only being married a matter of months.
She had earlier released a statement reading: “It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday… Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well.”
Soon after, Johnson posted on the Ochocinco News Network website: “I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death… To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.”
The divorce was finalized this week and Johnson is also expected to pay Lozada an unspecified amount for restitution.
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here