*Chad Johnson has been sentenced in his domestic violence case.
A judge in Miami ordered a year’s probation for the ex-NFL receiver as well as a counseling program after he pleaded no contest to headbutting his ex-wife Evelyn Lozada.
Johnson, formerly known as Ochocinco, played for the Miami Dolphins before he was cut following the violence allegations. Lozada was treated in hospital for her injuries and has immediately filed for divorce despite only being married a matter of months.
She had earlier released a statement reading: “It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday… Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well.”
Soon after, Johnson posted on the Ochocinco News Network website: “I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death… To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.”
The divorce was finalized this week and Johnson is also expected to pay Lozada an unspecified amount for restitution.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Ni*ga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here