*Chad Johnson has been sentenced in his domestic violence case.
A judge in Miami ordered a year’s probation for the ex-NFL receiver as well as a counseling program after he pleaded no contest to headbutting his ex-wife Evelyn Lozada.
Johnson, formerly known as Ochocinco, played for the Miami Dolphins before he was cut following the violence allegations. Lozada was treated in hospital for her injuries and has immediately filed for divorce despite only being married a matter of months.
She had earlier released a statement reading: “It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday… Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well.”
Soon after, Johnson posted on the Ochocinco News Network website: “I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death… To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.”
The divorce was finalized this week and Johnson is also expected to pay Lozada an unspecified amount for restitution.
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here