*Chad Johnson has been sentenced in his domestic violence case.
A judge in Miami ordered a year’s probation for the ex-NFL receiver as well as a counseling program after he pleaded no contest to headbutting his ex-wife Evelyn Lozada.
Johnson, formerly known as Ochocinco, played for the Miami Dolphins before he was cut following the violence allegations. Lozada was treated in hospital for her injuries and has immediately filed for divorce despite only being married a matter of months.
She had earlier released a statement reading: “It is with great sadness and much trepidation that I release this statement addressing the domestic violence incident that happened this past Saturday… Domestic violence is not okay and hopefully my taking a stand will help encourage other women to break their silence as well.”
Soon after, Johnson posted on the Ochocinco News Network website: “I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death… To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.”
The divorce was finalized this week and Johnson is also expected to pay Lozada an unspecified amount for restitution.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here