*Chris Tucker will be back in theaters this fall in the comedy/drama “Silver Linings Playbook,” which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this month and won the event’s top prize – the People’s Choice award. [Scroll down for the trailer.]
Previous winners of the TIFF’s People’s Choice award include “The King’s Speech” and “Slumdog Millionaire,” which both went on to Oscar “best film” success.
In theaters Nov. 27, “Playbook” stars Bradley Cooper as a man recovering from a mental breakdown, while Robert De Niro and Jacki Weaver play the parents he moves back in with following eight months in an institution. “The Hunger Games’” Jennifer Lawrence stars as Cooper’s love interest, a widow fighting depression.
Tucker, who hasn’t been on the big screen since 2007’s “Rush Hour 3,” said he jumped at the chance to work with “Playbook’s” acclaimed director David O’ Russell (“The Fighter”). His character Danny offers comedic relief in the film – but Tucker admits O’ Russell had to keep him on a tight leash.
“Once I go too far, David is like, ‘Don’t do that. Do this,’ you know. That’s the privilege of working with a great director,” Tucker told reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival. “There’s a lot I didn’t know. And comedy, there’s a lot you don’t know. When you say something, people say, ‘What? What did he just say?’ So, this part was right up my alley.”
Below, Tucker explains that his five-year absence from film was less about him wanting time off, and more about the lack of quality scripts coming his way.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here