*Chris Tucker will be back in theaters this fall in the comedy/drama “Silver Linings Playbook,” which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this month and won the event’s top prize – the People’s Choice award. [Scroll down for the trailer.]
Previous winners of the TIFF’s People’s Choice award include “The King’s Speech” and “Slumdog Millionaire,” which both went on to Oscar “best film” success.
In theaters Nov. 27, “Playbook” stars Bradley Cooper as a man recovering from a mental breakdown, while Robert De Niro and Jacki Weaver play the parents he moves back in with following eight months in an institution. “The Hunger Games’” Jennifer Lawrence stars as Cooper’s love interest, a widow fighting depression.
Tucker, who hasn’t been on the big screen since 2007’s “Rush Hour 3,” said he jumped at the chance to work with “Playbook’s” acclaimed director David O’ Russell (“The Fighter”). His character Danny offers comedic relief in the film – but Tucker admits O’ Russell had to keep him on a tight leash.
“Once I go too far, David is like, ‘Don’t do that. Do this,’ you know. That’s the privilege of working with a great director,” Tucker told reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival. “There’s a lot I didn’t know. And comedy, there’s a lot you don’t know. When you say something, people say, ‘What? What did he just say?’ So, this part was right up my alley.”
Below, Tucker explains that his five-year absence from film was less about him wanting time off, and more about the lack of quality scripts coming his way.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here