*Chris Tucker will be back in theaters this fall in the comedy/drama “Silver Linings Playbook,” which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this month and won the event’s top prize – the People’s Choice award. [Scroll down for the trailer.]
Previous winners of the TIFF’s People’s Choice award include “The King’s Speech” and “Slumdog Millionaire,” which both went on to Oscar “best film” success.
In theaters Nov. 27, “Playbook” stars Bradley Cooper as a man recovering from a mental breakdown, while Robert De Niro and Jacki Weaver play the parents he moves back in with following eight months in an institution. “The Hunger Games’” Jennifer Lawrence stars as Cooper’s love interest, a widow fighting depression.
Tucker, who hasn’t been on the big screen since 2007’s “Rush Hour 3,” said he jumped at the chance to work with “Playbook’s” acclaimed director David O’ Russell (“The Fighter”). His character Danny offers comedic relief in the film – but Tucker admits O’ Russell had to keep him on a tight leash.
“Once I go too far, David is like, ‘Don’t do that. Do this,’ you know. That’s the privilege of working with a great director,” Tucker told reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival. “There’s a lot I didn’t know. And comedy, there’s a lot you don’t know. When you say something, people say, ‘What? What did he just say?’ So, this part was right up my alley.”
Below, Tucker explains that his five-year absence from film was less about him wanting time off, and more about the lack of quality scripts coming his way.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here