*Chris Tucker will be back in theaters this fall in the comedy/drama “Silver Linings Playbook,” which premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival earlier this month and won the event’s top prize – the People’s Choice award. [Scroll down for the trailer.]
Previous winners of the TIFF’s People’s Choice award include “The King’s Speech” and “Slumdog Millionaire,” which both went on to Oscar “best film” success.
In theaters Nov. 27, “Playbook” stars Bradley Cooper as a man recovering from a mental breakdown, while Robert De Niro and Jacki Weaver play the parents he moves back in with following eight months in an institution. “The Hunger Games’” Jennifer Lawrence stars as Cooper’s love interest, a widow fighting depression.
Tucker, who hasn’t been on the big screen since 2007’s “Rush Hour 3,” said he jumped at the chance to work with “Playbook’s” acclaimed director David O’ Russell (“The Fighter”). His character Danny offers comedic relief in the film – but Tucker admits O’ Russell had to keep him on a tight leash.
“Once I go too far, David is like, ‘Don’t do that. Do this,’ you know. That’s the privilege of working with a great director,” Tucker told reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival. “There’s a lot I didn’t know. And comedy, there’s a lot you don’t know. When you say something, people say, ‘What? What did he just say?’ So, this part was right up my alley.”
Below, Tucker explains that his five-year absence from film was less about him wanting time off, and more about the lack of quality scripts coming his way.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here