*Former President Bill Clinton and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, both of whom gave primetime keynote addresses at the recent Democratic National Convention, are teaming up with TV mogul Michael King to raise money for President Obama at a breakfast with the president during his October trip to Los Angeles.
King is a TV executive who inherited King World Productions, which launched Harpo’s The Oprah Winfrey Show as well as Dr. Phil McGraw’s talk show into syndication.
Clinton and Castro are set to host the gathering at King’s Pacific Palisades estate on Oct. 8, the day after the “30 Days to Victory Concert” for Obama at the Nokia Theatre. The concert features performances by Katy Perry, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Jon Bon Jovi and Earth, Wind and Fire.
Tickets to the King event range from $1000 for “general seating” to $40,000 for “co-host greet, photo opportunity and premium seating” at the breakfast.
Jeffrey Katzenberg is also co-hosting a $25,000-per-person dinner for Obama during the October trip.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here