*Former President Bill Clinton and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, both of whom gave primetime keynote addresses at the recent Democratic National Convention, are teaming up with TV mogul Michael King to raise money for President Obama at a breakfast with the president during his October trip to Los Angeles.
King is a TV executive who inherited King World Productions, which launched Harpo’s The Oprah Winfrey Show as well as Dr. Phil McGraw’s talk show into syndication.
Clinton and Castro are set to host the gathering at King’s Pacific Palisades estate on Oct. 8, the day after the “30 Days to Victory Concert” for Obama at the Nokia Theatre. The concert features performances by Katy Perry, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Jon Bon Jovi and Earth, Wind and Fire.
Tickets to the King event range from $1000 for “general seating” to $40,000 for “co-host greet, photo opportunity and premium seating” at the breakfast.
Jeffrey Katzenberg is also co-hosting a $25,000-per-person dinner for Obama during the October trip.
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here