*Former President Bill Clinton and San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, both of whom gave primetime keynote addresses at the recent Democratic National Convention, are teaming up with TV mogul Michael King to raise money for President Obama at a breakfast with the president during his October trip to Los Angeles.
King is a TV executive who inherited King World Productions, which launched Harpo’s The Oprah Winfrey Show as well as Dr. Phil McGraw’s talk show into syndication.
Clinton and Castro are set to host the gathering at King’s Pacific Palisades estate on Oct. 8, the day after the “30 Days to Victory Concert” for Obama at the Nokia Theatre. The concert features performances by Katy Perry, Stevie Wonder, Jennifer Hudson, Jon Bon Jovi and Earth, Wind and Fire.
Tickets to the King event range from $1000 for “general seating” to $40,000 for “co-host greet, photo opportunity and premium seating” at the breakfast.
Jeffrey Katzenberg is also co-hosting a $25,000-per-person dinner for Obama during the October trip.
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here