*In an exclusive interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, the G.O.O.D. Music crew (Common, Pusha T, Big Sean, Cyhi The Prynce and Teyana Taylor) celebrated the release of their compilation album “Cruel Summer.”
During the discussion, Common addressed the drama between him and Chief Keef and the tragic violence in Chicago.
The rapper proposed hosting a peace summit in lieu of the recent shooting death of teenage artist Lil JoJo.
“I feel like we just gotta sit ’em down and build with them. Talk to them, get some type of peace thing going,” he said. “It’s bigger than rap. Kids is dying. I would tell Keef and all of them cats, ‘Man we gotta sit down and figure out how we’re gonna get to a peace meeting.'”
While lamenting about the condition of his hometown, he also gave props to his younger colleagues for keeping him musically relevant.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here