*“Community” star Donald Glover is reportedly developing a separate NBC comedy in which he would lead, according to TV Guide.
The actor and musician, who also previously wrote for “30 Rock,” has teamed with that show’s co-executive producer Matt Hubbard for the new project, which is loosely based on Glover’s life.
NBC is said to be interested in the pilot, but Glover’s new comedy will remain “in second position” to his role on “Community,” meaning that he would be unable to pursue the project should his current series be picked up for a fifth run.
“Community” returns for a fourth season on Friday, Oct. 19.
In addition to acting and writing, the 28-year-old also works as a stand-up comic and records music under the alias Childish Gambino. Watch his track “Heartbeat” below.
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Her N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here