*Leave it to TMZ to dig up the dirt.
It turns out that Paul Ryan’s black ex-girlie in college, Deneeta D. Pope, was indicted by the Feds back in 1999 and spent months in prison for committing wire fraud.
Oh really? Yes, Really.
Pope was indicted by a Grand Jury in November 1999 for allegedly swindling her former employer — Ernst & Young — out of $77,000.
Pope pled guilty in 2001 to stealing a lesser amount, but admitted she inflated expense reports, fabricated receipts and turned in phony invoices. She then used a wire transfer to move the money from a bank in Delaware to a different account in Chicago.
Pope created the scam by claiming she attended an educational course for work. Turns out … the course didn’t even exist.
Pope served 5 months in Federal Prison.
For the record, Ryan dated Pope approximately 10 years before she was indicted. They met at Miami University of Ohio in the early 90s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship
- Former NBAer Delonte West is NOT Homeless - Sugar Babies Are Winning?
- Olympics-Bound Gymnast Simone Biles Can Not Be Stopped (Watch)
- Judge Joe Brown Banned from Practicing Law in Tennessee
- DMX Joins Keke Palmer, Aunjanue Ellis in Indie Film ‘Pimp’
- Kanye West Expands Adidas Partnership to Include Line of Apparel, Accessories
- Willow Smith: The New Face of Chanel Eyewear (Pics & Video)
- Father of Orlando Shooting Victim Refuses to Claim Son's Body
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here