*Leave it to TMZ to dig up the dirt.
It turns out that Paul Ryan’s black ex-girlie in college, Deneeta D. Pope, was indicted by the Feds back in 1999 and spent months in prison for committing wire fraud.
Oh really? Yes, Really.
Pope was indicted by a Grand Jury in November 1999 for allegedly swindling her former employer — Ernst & Young — out of $77,000.
Pope pled guilty in 2001 to stealing a lesser amount, but admitted she inflated expense reports, fabricated receipts and turned in phony invoices. She then used a wire transfer to move the money from a bank in Delaware to a different account in Chicago.
Pope created the scam by claiming she attended an educational course for work. Turns out … the course didn’t even exist.
Pope served 5 months in Federal Prison.
For the record, Ryan dated Pope approximately 10 years before she was indicted. They met at Miami University of Ohio in the early 90s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here