*Ever since Michelle Obama delivered her Democratic National Convention speech in a Tracy Reese dress, the designer says her label has been flooded with inquires about how people can get their hands on the garment.
“Our Facebook page lit up and our website went crazy!” she told Access Hollywood on Wednesday. “We’ve had tons of requests for the dress already.”
Reese says it was “an incredible thrill” to watch one of her designs on the first lady. “Especially for such an important moment. The dress has a bit of luminescence to it and I think it just all really worked, but she’s got an amazing figure.”
The frock was pink with a blue, bronze and gray scalloped hem, which Michelle paired with pink suede pumps from J. Crew.
“She’s so easy to dress and I loved that the arm hole was cut in and it showed her beautiful shoulders and arms,” Tracy continued.
The famed designer, who also appeared on “Today” this morning [scroll down to watch], was glad to see that dress worked on multiple levels.
“[It] still had strength, but was feminine… kind of at the essence of who [Michelle] is,” she told Access.
And Michelle might be sporting more Tracy Reese in the near future.
“We might see her in a few [of my designs] in the next few weeks,” Tracy revealed with a smile.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here