The doctor has released a book titled “The Truth About Men: The Secret Side of the Opposite Sex.”
Check out the interview he recently did where he talks about family, men and his career.
How do you balance such a busy career with your wife and kids?
My motto is I try to do things that I’m passionate about. My family is number one and then my friends come second but the idea is that you have to realize, you have a finite amount of time at the end of the day. I’m not a single guy anymore, living in New York City. I love being around my family, they love having me around and I support them not just financially. I have two young boys who need to see me and be with me and talk to me as much as possible, so I just try to do things that I’m passionate about, keep my family first and I also learned how to say “No.”
Do you and your wife ever have date night away from the kids?
In The Truth About Men, I talk about keeping the relationship sizzling and whether married or not. When you’ve been with someone for a long time I think the natural propensity for the relationship is to stagnate because it becomes familiar and routine, it loses its edge, so one of the things that people should do is in marriage is always treat your spouse like he or she is your boyfriend or girlfriend. So yes, do a date night. You have to keep in mind that you want to remain attractive to your spouse [because] as a person you want to be engaging.
Read more at Black Enterprise.
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- 'Basketball Wives' Star Tami Roman Suffers Miscarriage
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here