The doctor has released a book titled “The Truth About Men: The Secret Side of the Opposite Sex.”
Check out the interview he recently did where he talks about family, men and his career.
How do you balance such a busy career with your wife and kids?
My motto is I try to do things that I’m passionate about. My family is number one and then my friends come second but the idea is that you have to realize, you have a finite amount of time at the end of the day. I’m not a single guy anymore, living in New York City. I love being around my family, they love having me around and I support them not just financially. I have two young boys who need to see me and be with me and talk to me as much as possible, so I just try to do things that I’m passionate about, keep my family first and I also learned how to say “No.”
Do you and your wife ever have date night away from the kids?
In The Truth About Men, I talk about keeping the relationship sizzling and whether married or not. When you’ve been with someone for a long time I think the natural propensity for the relationship is to stagnate because it becomes familiar and routine, it loses its edge, so one of the things that people should do is in marriage is always treat your spouse like he or she is your boyfriend or girlfriend. So yes, do a date night. You have to keep in mind that you want to remain attractive to your spouse [because] as a person you want to be engaging.
Read more at Black Enterprise.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here