*Model/actress Eva Marcille has been crying “tears of joy” after her father spoke her name for the first time since suffering a serious stroke last year.
In Sister 2 Sister magazine, the “America’s Next Top Model” champ reveals her family has been reeling from her 60-year-old dad’s illness, which left him battling language impairment aphasia. His recovery has been slow, but he recently made a breakthrough in his speech struggles.
“He’s getting better. My father had a stroke a year ago, and he’s an extremely healthy guy, so the stroke hit us all by storm,” Eva told Sister 2 Sister. “It came out of nowhere. He had a massive stroke with full aphasia, and it impairs your speech and ability to communicate but not your intellect. So that’s where my dad is now.
“The physical recovery has been amazing. He’s mobile, but his ability to communicate isn’t there. So just the other day I remember my mother and I just cried so many tears of joy because my father said my name for the first time in almost a year and a half… It’s hard for him to get it (the words) out of his head. That’s what aphasia is, so that’s what we’ve been battling with.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here