*Model/actress Eva Marcille has been crying “tears of joy” after her father spoke her name for the first time since suffering a serious stroke last year.
In Sister 2 Sister magazine, the “America’s Next Top Model” champ reveals her family has been reeling from her 60-year-old dad’s illness, which left him battling language impairment aphasia. His recovery has been slow, but he recently made a breakthrough in his speech struggles.
“He’s getting better. My father had a stroke a year ago, and he’s an extremely healthy guy, so the stroke hit us all by storm,” Eva told Sister 2 Sister. “It came out of nowhere. He had a massive stroke with full aphasia, and it impairs your speech and ability to communicate but not your intellect. So that’s where my dad is now.
“The physical recovery has been amazing. He’s mobile, but his ability to communicate isn’t there. So just the other day I remember my mother and I just cried so many tears of joy because my father said my name for the first time in almost a year and a half… It’s hard for him to get it (the words) out of his head. That’s what aphasia is, so that’s what we’ve been battling with.”
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Atlanta Police on the Hunt for T.I.-Looking Suspect
- Ne-Yo & Crystal Renay Get Married with Baby Already on the Way
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here