*Model/actress Eva Marcille has been crying “tears of joy” after her father spoke her name for the first time since suffering a serious stroke last year.
In Sister 2 Sister magazine, the “America’s Next Top Model” champ reveals her family has been reeling from her 60-year-old dad’s illness, which left him battling language impairment aphasia. His recovery has been slow, but he recently made a breakthrough in his speech struggles.
“He’s getting better. My father had a stroke a year ago, and he’s an extremely healthy guy, so the stroke hit us all by storm,” Eva told Sister 2 Sister. “It came out of nowhere. He had a massive stroke with full aphasia, and it impairs your speech and ability to communicate but not your intellect. So that’s where my dad is now.
“The physical recovery has been amazing. He’s mobile, but his ability to communicate isn’t there. So just the other day I remember my mother and I just cried so many tears of joy because my father said my name for the first time in almost a year and a half… It’s hard for him to get it (the words) out of his head. That’s what aphasia is, so that’s what we’ve been battling with.”
- Pres. Obama on 2016 Election: 'I Think If I Ran, I Would Win'
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gangs Threaten to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here