*Naomi Campbell made a surprise return to New York’s Fashion Week on Sunday when she hit the runway for Zac Posen’s spring/summer 2013 show.
The supermodel, 42, was joined by other special guests including Crystal Renn, Erin O’Connor and Coco Rocha as they turned out to model the designer’s latest line of dresses.
Also, designer Tracy Reese – who made headlines last week for her design worn by First Lady Michelle Obama at the DNC – unveiled her spring/summer 2013 easy-to-wear shift dresses and loose-fitting shirts. Check out the pics and a review from the Huffington Post below:
Reese took a departure from her more refined girly-girl dresses, yet still provided her signature feminine flare with a slew of separates that spoke to her customers’ easygoing side. Slouchy silk trousers, airy blouses, relaxed blazers and short, billowing sundresses anchored the collection — all of which could be dolled up at a moment’s notice.
And speaking of dolled up — sequin embellished pants and intricately embroidered button-down shirts stole the show.
“I wanted to integrate the embellishments in a way that was easy for people to wear — that was super important,” Reese told The Huffington Post.
Unexpected color combinations like peach with blood-orange and tangerine paired with turquoise gave a new perspective to a warm-weather palette.
“Bright color that was tempered with neutrals. It’s important I think right now to not go head-to-toe bright, but find unexpected mixes that look fresh,” Reese said.
Season after season, Reese’s accessories have been gaining our attention, and this fashion week continued with that trajectory. For Spring 2013, fringe was used to add an extra kick to an already eye-catching collection.
“I was feeling fringy,” said Reese. “I wanted fringe bags and fringe shoes. But we worked it with clear PVC so that it was a little bit modern yet tribal together in one shoe.
More looks from the Tracy Reese collection…
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here