*Now this is some crazy ish right here.
A Florida man who prosecutors said used root beer to “waterboard” his ex-girlfriend was defiant as a judge sentenced him today to spend the rest of his life in prison for kidnapping her.
Major Harris III was sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole for kidnapping while armed with a firearm. Additionally, Circuit Judge Raul Zambrano sentenced Harris to an additional 20 years in prison on top of the life sentence: 15 years in prison for aggravated battery with a firearm and five years in prison for aggravated assault with a firearm.
Like EURweb on Facebook
The 32-year-old Harris, shackled and dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, stood before the court and made a statement minutes before the judge sentenced him. Harris said he forgave the victim, who reacted with a look of disbelief as she sat in the courtroom. Harris even appeared to grin as he was fingerprinted later.
“First off, addressing the alleged victim,” Harris said. “We both know what took place that night. As far as my behalf, you know, I apologize for what took place. You know, I’ve been praying about the situation and, you know, I forgive her as well, too.”
Yes, you read that correctly. Dude is out waaaaay there.
Read/learn more at the Daytona Beach News Journal.
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here