*FX likes what it sees in W. Kamau Bell.
The comedian’s late night series, “Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell,” has gotten a new seven episode order by the network, reports Deadline.com.
The show, executive produced by Chris Rock, will wrap its six-episode first cycle on Thursday at 11 p.m. The second season will begin Oct. 11 in a new 11:30 p.m. time period, following the return of the revamped “BrandX With Russell Brand” (which has also been renewed) that night at 11 p.m.
“What we’ve seen through five shows only reinforces our belief that Kamau is one of the sharpest, smartest and funniest young comedians in the business,” said FX EVP Nick Grad. “He brings an interesting perspective to late-night TV and has proven to be very comfortable in this format.”
As previously reported, “Totally Biased” features the stand-up comedian dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, sex and the media. The show, produced by FX Prods, also features live guests and taped segments.
Said Chris Rock, “I’m very excited and looking forward to working with the good people at FX. Please don’t tell Rupert Murdoch.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here