*FX likes what it sees in W. Kamau Bell.
The comedian’s late night series, “Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell,” has gotten a new seven episode order by the network, reports Deadline.com.
The show, executive produced by Chris Rock, will wrap its six-episode first cycle on Thursday at 11 p.m. The second season will begin Oct. 11 in a new 11:30 p.m. time period, following the return of the revamped “BrandX With Russell Brand” (which has also been renewed) that night at 11 p.m.
“What we’ve seen through five shows only reinforces our belief that Kamau is one of the sharpest, smartest and funniest young comedians in the business,” said FX EVP Nick Grad. “He brings an interesting perspective to late-night TV and has proven to be very comfortable in this format.”
As previously reported, “Totally Biased” features the stand-up comedian dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, sex and the media. The show, produced by FX Prods, also features live guests and taped segments.
Said Chris Rock, “I’m very excited and looking forward to working with the good people at FX. Please don’t tell Rupert Murdoch.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here