*FX likes what it sees in W. Kamau Bell.
The comedian’s late night series, “Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell,” has gotten a new seven episode order by the network, reports Deadline.com.
The show, executive produced by Chris Rock, will wrap its six-episode first cycle on Thursday at 11 p.m. The second season will begin Oct. 11 in a new 11:30 p.m. time period, following the return of the revamped “BrandX With Russell Brand” (which has also been renewed) that night at 11 p.m.
“What we’ve seen through five shows only reinforces our belief that Kamau is one of the sharpest, smartest and funniest young comedians in the business,” said FX EVP Nick Grad. “He brings an interesting perspective to late-night TV and has proven to be very comfortable in this format.”
As previously reported, “Totally Biased” features the stand-up comedian dissecting politics, pop culture, race, religion, sex and the media. The show, produced by FX Prods, also features live guests and taped segments.
Said Chris Rock, “I’m very excited and looking forward to working with the good people at FX. Please don’t tell Rupert Murdoch.”
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here