*Co-creator David Simon will get his wish to finish his New Orleans-based series “Treme” in four seasons… well, 3.5 seasons.
During a screening for the show’s production staff last night in New Orleans on the eve of the show’s third season premiere on Sunday, Simon announced that the post-Hurricane Katrina drama will conclude its run with an abbreviated fourth season.
“We are going to be back for a season 3.5,” Simon said, according to Nola.com. “HBO, upon viewing the 10 (episodes from Season 3) that we gave them and what we’ve done, they want to see the end of the story. They fought very hard to give us half a loaf. We’re going to take it and run.”
Simon’s announcement comes amidst speculation that HBO brass had been mulling an end for “Treme,” which has never been a commercial success, reports Deadline.com. The series created by Simon and Eric Overmyer premiered to 1.1 million viewers, dropping to 605,000 viewers in its second season opener.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here