Filmmakers Dean Delvin and Ronald Emmerich are now working on the sequel, officially.
“I can tell you that Roland and I have been working together for the first time in 11 years and we’re very excited about the idea of doing it,” Delvin said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “Whether or not we can make this happen, if we can get all the pieces to come together, that’s gonna be challenging. But creatively, for the very first time since we did the original, I feel we have a worthy concept, a worthy path to go.”
He admitted they had to hold back on making a sequel for years to allow the movie to marinate in its own glory. Besides, the movie helped thrust the guys’ careers to a new level.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Now, 16 years after premiering, it’s time to breath life back into the action flick.
Delvin did not reveal a timeline yet, but the cast is assembling. One question still remains, who will be Will Smith’s character?
It is possible the story will be completely different than the last and incorporate new characters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here