Filmmakers Dean Delvin and Ronald Emmerich are now working on the sequel, officially.
“I can tell you that Roland and I have been working together for the first time in 11 years and we’re very excited about the idea of doing it,” Delvin said in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “Whether or not we can make this happen, if we can get all the pieces to come together, that’s gonna be challenging. But creatively, for the very first time since we did the original, I feel we have a worthy concept, a worthy path to go.”
He admitted they had to hold back on making a sequel for years to allow the movie to marinate in its own glory. Besides, the movie helped thrust the guys’ careers to a new level.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Now, 16 years after premiering, it’s time to breath life back into the action flick.
Delvin did not reveal a timeline yet, but the cast is assembling. One question still remains, who will be Will Smith’s character?
It is possible the story will be completely different than the last and incorporate new characters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here