“It’s a healthy baby boy! Thanks for your prayers and support!,” she said of the birth of Carrington Forrest Walker, who was born to the Grammy-winning gospel singer and her “long-time mate” Forrest Walker. (A highly credible source tells us the pair plan to wed.) Little Carrington weighed in at 6 lbs. and14 ozs.
Johnson, a twice divorced, 29-year-old licensed minister worked throughout the pregnancy against scrutiny. In her most recent appearance, her baby bump was on full display as she performed on Season 5 of “Sunday Best,” the show that ignited her career two years ago.
Johnson was shunned in some church circles for singing sacred music while expecting a child “out of wedlock.”
The soulful vocalist plans to take a break to spend time with her family and newborn.
Perhaps her current singles (from the forthcoming live album “Leandria Johnson: The Experience,” due in stores September 18) “Complicated,” “If Jesus Can’t Fix It” and “My Story Continues” best sum up Le’Andria Johnson’s outlook for the future a press release indicates.
When she returns to music ministry, Johnson hopes her experience will help women who have undergone similar circumstances.
- Black Lives Matter Members React to Fox News with Love
- Fellas Define Feminism At MTV VMAs (Watch)
- Ten Years After Hurricane Katrina: Changing Hearts, Minds and Systems in New Orleans
- Eunice Moseley Featured Expert in Dr. Logan Westbrooks’ ‘The Anatomy of the Music Industry’
- Best Ranking of the Most Badass Fictional Weapons
- THE (09-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Deya Direct Takes the Man Whisperer Conversation to the Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion!
- Student Who Made Light of Deputy's Death Online, and Showed Support for #Blacklivesmatter, Arrested
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts
- Teyana Taylor Expecting First Child with Iman Shumpert
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here