“It’s a healthy baby boy! Thanks for your prayers and support!,” she said of the birth of Carrington Forrest Walker, who was born to the Grammy-winning gospel singer and her “long-time mate” Forrest Walker. (A highly credible source tells us the pair plan to wed.) Little Carrington weighed in at 6 lbs. and14 ozs.
Johnson, a twice divorced, 29-year-old licensed minister worked throughout the pregnancy against scrutiny. In her most recent appearance, her baby bump was on full display as she performed on Season 5 of “Sunday Best,” the show that ignited her career two years ago.
Johnson was shunned in some church circles for singing sacred music while expecting a child “out of wedlock.”
The soulful vocalist plans to take a break to spend time with her family and newborn.
Perhaps her current singles (from the forthcoming live album “Leandria Johnson: The Experience,” due in stores September 18) “Complicated,” “If Jesus Can’t Fix It” and “My Story Continues” best sum up Le’Andria Johnson’s outlook for the future a press release indicates.
When she returns to music ministry, Johnson hopes her experience will help women who have undergone similar circumstances.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here