*No matter how many great roles he takes on in the future, it’s likely that Tyler James Williams will be remembered most fondly as the put-upon character Chris in Chris Rock’s semi-autobiographical TV series, “Everybody Hates Chris.”
But the actor, who turns 20 in October, is hoping that his somber character in the new NBC comedy “Go On,” will at least show fans – and Hollywood casting agents – that he can be serious. Or in this case, seriously depressed.
Williams’ character, Owen, is part of a grief support group that Matthew Perry’s character, sportscaster Ryan King, is forced to join. While King is trying to move on from the death of his wife, Owen’s depression stems from a ski accident that left his brother in a coma.
After four seasons and 88 episodes of “Everybody Hates Chris,” Williams says his role as Owen in “Go On” is the perfect next step in his career.
“I think it kind of plays back to what the whole show is about, which is just a really rich script and really rich characters,” says Williams. “With a show like ‘Chris,’ it was kind of like just what was bad happening around Chris and his reaction, which was fun and it was nice. But it’s really good to get deep into a character where, in the pilot, there wasn’t really much comedic for me to do. It was more just kind of dealing with the realness of the character and what was happening in his life. And that was, I think, for me, just the next step in becoming more than just a comedic actor.”
Below, Tyler says that even though this is his first grown man role, he is still considered a child on the set.
“Go On” airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Inside The Obamas’ Rumored D.C. Rental Home After Presidency (Pics)
- Ohio Detectives Caught on Tape Calling Trayvon Martin N-Word
- Kim & Kanye Threaten Former Bodyguard with $10M Lawsuit
- The Weeknd, Belly Nix ‘Kimmel’ Performance Over Donald Trump Appearance
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here