*No matter how many great roles he takes on in the future, it’s likely that Tyler James Williams will be remembered most fondly as the put-upon character Chris in Chris Rock’s semi-autobiographical TV series, “Everybody Hates Chris.”
But the actor, who turns 20 in October, is hoping that his somber character in the new NBC comedy “Go On,” will at least show fans – and Hollywood casting agents – that he can be serious. Or in this case, seriously depressed.
Williams’ character, Owen, is part of a grief support group that Matthew Perry’s character, sportscaster Ryan King, is forced to join. While King is trying to move on from the death of his wife, Owen’s depression stems from a ski accident that left his brother in a coma.
After four seasons and 88 episodes of “Everybody Hates Chris,” Williams says his role as Owen in “Go On” is the perfect next step in his career.
“I think it kind of plays back to what the whole show is about, which is just a really rich script and really rich characters,” says Williams. “With a show like ‘Chris,’ it was kind of like just what was bad happening around Chris and his reaction, which was fun and it was nice. But it’s really good to get deep into a character where, in the pilot, there wasn’t really much comedic for me to do. It was more just kind of dealing with the realness of the character and what was happening in his life. And that was, I think, for me, just the next step in becoming more than just a comedic actor.”
Below, Tyler says that even though this is his first grown man role, he is still considered a child on the set.
“Go On” airs Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here