In other words, just like Evander Holyfield, he owes a whole lotta back child support payments.
Oops, maybe we shouldn’t have given the impression that Terrence Mitchell Duckett owes the kind of figures Holyfield does. Fortunately he “only” owes Jasmine almost $40,000 according to court documents.
The star of “A Different World” filed legal documents in L.A. County Superior Court recently, claiming Duckett — who she divorced in 2008 — was ordered by a judge to pay $1,469/month in child support for the couple’s daughter.
In the docs, Guy says Duckett hasn’t paid a dime since May 2010 and now owes her a whopping $39,663 in back support.
Guy filed the docs because she wants a judge to hold her ex in contempt of court so that she can collect on the debt by garnishing his wages, going after his assets, or even having him thrown in jail.
A hearing on the matter was scheduled for last month, but was cancelled because Jasmine was unable to serve her ex with the papers.
Her lawyer, Lisa West, tells TMZ, “Both parents have the financial responsibility of rearing a child. Jasmine has always met and will continue to meet her financial responsibility. She, however unfortunately, finds herself in the same position as are many single mothers in this country — she must enforce her child’s right to benefit from the financial assets of both parents.”
Meanwhile, sources close to Jasmine Guy say the actress is still attempting to serve the papers, so the hearing can be rescheduled.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here