In other words, just like Evander Holyfield, he owes a whole lotta back child support payments.
Oops, maybe we shouldn’t have given the impression that Terrence Mitchell Duckett owes the kind of figures Holyfield does. Fortunately he “only” owes Jasmine almost $40,000 according to court documents.
The star of “A Different World” filed legal documents in L.A. County Superior Court recently, claiming Duckett — who she divorced in 2008 — was ordered by a judge to pay $1,469/month in child support for the couple’s daughter.
In the docs, Guy says Duckett hasn’t paid a dime since May 2010 and now owes her a whopping $39,663 in back support.
Guy filed the docs because she wants a judge to hold her ex in contempt of court so that she can collect on the debt by garnishing his wages, going after his assets, or even having him thrown in jail.
A hearing on the matter was scheduled for last month, but was cancelled because Jasmine was unable to serve her ex with the papers.
Her lawyer, Lisa West, tells TMZ, “Both parents have the financial responsibility of rearing a child. Jasmine has always met and will continue to meet her financial responsibility. She, however unfortunately, finds herself in the same position as are many single mothers in this country — she must enforce her child’s right to benefit from the financial assets of both parents.”
Meanwhile, sources close to Jasmine Guy say the actress is still attempting to serve the papers, so the hearing can be rescheduled.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here