*Jennifer Hudson underwent a lip injection for her Oscar-winning role in “Dreamgirls” because her full pout caused issues for the film’s lighting technicians.
The singer-actress told this to Oprah Winfrey for her episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” airing this Sunday (Sept. 9) at 9 p.m. on OWN. She reluctantly underwent the procedure to alter the deep Cupid’s bow on her upper lip.
Hudson reveals that she was surprised by Hollywood’s emphasis on image and quickly learned her personal expectations were starkly different than the celebrity standard: “Already I had lost like 60 pounds then, I was exercising every day and got down to a size 12 and I got to Hollywood and they were like, ‘How do you feel being the big girl?’ And I was like, ‘Who are they talking to?’ I literally looked around like this is normal, this is fine, this is average, where I come from it’s totally fine, so I couldn’t understand.”
She continues, adding that she never had a lack of confidence even in her larger days: “Another one they would say is ‘Do you feel insecure being a big girl?’ And I thought, ‘Why should I feel insecure?’ I remember saying ‘I have the height of a model, lips people pay for, things like that.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here