*Jennifer Hudson underwent a lip injection for her Oscar-winning role in “Dreamgirls” because her full pout caused issues for the film’s lighting technicians.
The singer-actress told this to Oprah Winfrey for her episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” airing this Sunday (Sept. 9) at 9 p.m. on OWN. She reluctantly underwent the procedure to alter the deep Cupid’s bow on her upper lip.
Hudson reveals that she was surprised by Hollywood’s emphasis on image and quickly learned her personal expectations were starkly different than the celebrity standard: “Already I had lost like 60 pounds then, I was exercising every day and got down to a size 12 and I got to Hollywood and they were like, ‘How do you feel being the big girl?’ And I was like, ‘Who are they talking to?’ I literally looked around like this is normal, this is fine, this is average, where I come from it’s totally fine, so I couldn’t understand.”
She continues, adding that she never had a lack of confidence even in her larger days: “Another one they would say is ‘Do you feel insecure being a big girl?’ And I thought, ‘Why should I feel insecure?’ I remember saying ‘I have the height of a model, lips people pay for, things like that.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here