*Jennifer Hudson underwent a lip injection for her Oscar-winning role in “Dreamgirls” because her full pout caused issues for the film’s lighting technicians.
The singer-actress told this to Oprah Winfrey for her episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” airing this Sunday (Sept. 9) at 9 p.m. on OWN. She reluctantly underwent the procedure to alter the deep Cupid’s bow on her upper lip.
Hudson reveals that she was surprised by Hollywood’s emphasis on image and quickly learned her personal expectations were starkly different than the celebrity standard: “Already I had lost like 60 pounds then, I was exercising every day and got down to a size 12 and I got to Hollywood and they were like, ‘How do you feel being the big girl?’ And I was like, ‘Who are they talking to?’ I literally looked around like this is normal, this is fine, this is average, where I come from it’s totally fine, so I couldn’t understand.”
She continues, adding that she never had a lack of confidence even in her larger days: “Another one they would say is ‘Do you feel insecure being a big girl?’ And I thought, ‘Why should I feel insecure?’ I remember saying ‘I have the height of a model, lips people pay for, things like that.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here