*Jennifer Hudson underwent a lip injection for her Oscar-winning role in “Dreamgirls” because her full pout caused issues for the film’s lighting technicians.
The singer-actress told this to Oprah Winfrey for her episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” airing this Sunday (Sept. 9) at 9 p.m. on OWN. She reluctantly underwent the procedure to alter the deep Cupid’s bow on her upper lip.
Hudson reveals that she was surprised by Hollywood’s emphasis on image and quickly learned her personal expectations were starkly different than the celebrity standard: “Already I had lost like 60 pounds then, I was exercising every day and got down to a size 12 and I got to Hollywood and they were like, ‘How do you feel being the big girl?’ And I was like, ‘Who are they talking to?’ I literally looked around like this is normal, this is fine, this is average, where I come from it’s totally fine, so I couldn’t understand.”
She continues, adding that she never had a lack of confidence even in her larger days: “Another one they would say is ‘Do you feel insecure being a big girl?’ And I thought, ‘Why should I feel insecure?’ I remember saying ‘I have the height of a model, lips people pay for, things like that.'”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here