*Jennifer Hudson and Jon Bon Jovi have been added to the performance lineup for President Obama‘s concert fundraiser next month at the Nokia Theatre at LA Live, reports Deadline.
The pair join previously announced performers Katy Perry and Earth, Wind & Fire on the bill, dubbed the 30 Days To Victory Concert. More names are expected to be released soon as organizers lock down final plans for the October 7 event, which is being put on jointly by the campaign’s Entertainment Advisory Council and veteran Hollywood special events producer Ken Ehrlich.
San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, who gave the keynote at the Democratic National Convention earlier this month, will speak, as will Obama. Tickets for the concert at the 7100-seat Nokia have been on sale at the campaign website for the past few days. All of the $44 tickets — Obama’s number in the line of Presidents — and $100 tickets are sold out but there are still $250, $1,000 and $2,500 tickets left. Those willing to put down $10,000 can get a picture with Obama and other VIP amenities. Doors open at the event at 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 7.
According to Deadline, entertainment mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg will co-host a now $25,000 per ticket dinner following the 30 Days To Victory Concert. Harvey Weinstein may also come on board to co-host, and the Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill at LA Live will handle the food.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here