*Jennifer Hudson and Jon Bon Jovi have been added to the performance lineup for President Obama‘s concert fundraiser next month at the Nokia Theatre at LA Live, reports Deadline.
The pair join previously announced performers Katy Perry and Earth, Wind & Fire on the bill, dubbed the 30 Days To Victory Concert. More names are expected to be released soon as organizers lock down final plans for the October 7 event, which is being put on jointly by the campaign’s Entertainment Advisory Council and veteran Hollywood special events producer Ken Ehrlich.
San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, who gave the keynote at the Democratic National Convention earlier this month, will speak, as will Obama. Tickets for the concert at the 7100-seat Nokia have been on sale at the campaign website for the past few days. All of the $44 tickets — Obama’s number in the line of Presidents — and $100 tickets are sold out but there are still $250, $1,000 and $2,500 tickets left. Those willing to put down $10,000 can get a picture with Obama and other VIP amenities. Doors open at the event at 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 7.
According to Deadline, entertainment mogul Jeffrey Katzenberg will co-host a now $25,000 per ticket dinner following the 30 Days To Victory Concert. Harvey Weinstein may also come on board to co-host, and the Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill at LA Live will handle the food.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here