*Man, we know about forgiveness and all, but we didn’t see this one coming.
It takes a really big heart for someone to forgive the person who slaughtered their entire family. We may need to take a moment to wrap our collective brain around this.
But it is exactly what Oscar and Grammy winner Jennifer Hudson tells Oprah she has done.
Sunday, Jennifer Hudson’s episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter” aired. In it, Hudson revealed she’s still grieving the 2008 murder of her mother, brother and nephew. In addition, Hudson says she forgives William Balfour, her sister’s estranged husband and the man convicted of murdering her family.
“It made my skin crawl,” Hudson recalls in seeing Balfour in the courtroom during the trial. In the days that would follow, the negative energy turned into a feeling of relief as he was convicted of three counts of first-degree murder. Now that Balfour has been sentenced to three consecutive life sentences,Hudson says she forgives him.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“For the most part it’s not his fault,” said Hudson. “It’s like what he was taught and how he was brought up. We tried to offer love. He was so far gone he couldn’t even see that. He never had a chance.”
Hudson says, “There’s so many shocks involved in it. Like, who do I grieve for first or who do I start with? Of course, I’m going to think of my mother because it’s my mother. I think of her a lot. Next I think of Julian or my brother. I have moments where it’s bits and pieces.”
Hudson admits she hasn’t visited the gravesite of her slain family members since they were buried.
“Now I want to go because I feel like we’ve accomplished this. We’ve done this. We got justice for you. I can’t come back here empty handed. I’ve come back with justice being served.”
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here