*Man, we know about forgiveness and all, but we didn’t see this one coming.
It takes a really big heart for someone to forgive the person who slaughtered their entire family. We may need to take a moment to wrap our collective brain around this.
But it is exactly what Oscar and Grammy winner Jennifer Hudson tells Oprah she has done.
Sunday, Jennifer Hudson’s episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter” aired. In it, Hudson revealed she’s still grieving the 2008 murder of her mother, brother and nephew. In addition, Hudson says she forgives William Balfour, her sister’s estranged husband and the man convicted of murdering her family.
“It made my skin crawl,” Hudson recalls in seeing Balfour in the courtroom during the trial. In the days that would follow, the negative energy turned into a feeling of relief as he was convicted of three counts of first-degree murder. Now that Balfour has been sentenced to three consecutive life sentences,Hudson says she forgives him.
Like EURweb on Facebook
“For the most part it’s not his fault,” said Hudson. “It’s like what he was taught and how he was brought up. We tried to offer love. He was so far gone he couldn’t even see that. He never had a chance.”
Hudson says, “There’s so many shocks involved in it. Like, who do I grieve for first or who do I start with? Of course, I’m going to think of my mother because it’s my mother. I think of her a lot. Next I think of Julian or my brother. I have moments where it’s bits and pieces.”
Hudson admits she hasn’t visited the gravesite of her slain family members since they were buried.
“Now I want to go because I feel like we’ve accomplished this. We’ve done this. We got justice for you. I can’t come back here empty handed. I’ve come back with justice being served.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here