The reverend has been an outspoken civil rights activist for decades and is a strong proponent for the union of homosexual couples. He’s decided to perform a same-sex marriage ceremony.
During the Democratic National Convention, he said he had “no problem” with the party’s pro-gay marriage platform.
“Beginning with the Voting Rights Act of 1965, to the inclusion of blacks, Hispanics, 18-year-olds and women, opportunities are now unlimited,” he said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DC Black Entrepreneur Debuts Internship Matchmaker Service
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here