The reverend has been an outspoken civil rights activist for decades and is a strong proponent for the union of homosexual couples. He’s decided to perform a same-sex marriage ceremony.
During the Democratic National Convention, he said he had “no problem” with the party’s pro-gay marriage platform.
“Beginning with the Voting Rights Act of 1965, to the inclusion of blacks, Hispanics, 18-year-olds and women, opportunities are now unlimited,” he said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here