“I’ve always been told that the truth shall set you free. I stand behind my story 100 percent. I came to ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ show mainly because I wanted to give a voice and bring light to a very serious issue,” she told TMZ.
Since revealing the abuse publicly on the season premiere of the show, K. has come under fire from her “LHH: ATL” co-star Rasheeda and other MeMpHiTz supporters, who’ve made no secret that they doubt her story. K. hasn’t backpedaled at all, insisting that her former boyfriend and music producer beat her. She has even implied that there is proof of the physical abuse; however, she has yet to publicize it.
In addition to pressing charges against the “LHHATL” producers and VH1, MeMpHiTz is also suing K. for defamation. Though he did admit to restraining K. Michelle during an argument, he denies ever beating her, as she claims.
“Hopefully others will not have to go through this and then have their stories challenged to this degree,” offers K. Michelle, “because people now want to try to salvage whatever reputation they may have had,” she said.
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here