“I’ve always been told that the truth shall set you free. I stand behind my story 100 percent. I came to ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ show mainly because I wanted to give a voice and bring light to a very serious issue,” she told TMZ.
Since revealing the abuse publicly on the season premiere of the show, K. has come under fire from her “LHH: ATL” co-star Rasheeda and other MeMpHiTz supporters, who’ve made no secret that they doubt her story. K. hasn’t backpedaled at all, insisting that her former boyfriend and music producer beat her. She has even implied that there is proof of the physical abuse; however, she has yet to publicize it.
In addition to pressing charges against the “LHHATL” producers and VH1, MeMpHiTz is also suing K. for defamation. Though he did admit to restraining K. Michelle during an argument, he denies ever beating her, as she claims.
“Hopefully others will not have to go through this and then have their stories challenged to this degree,” offers K. Michelle, “because people now want to try to salvage whatever reputation they may have had,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here