“I’ve always been told that the truth shall set you free. I stand behind my story 100 percent. I came to ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ show mainly because I wanted to give a voice and bring light to a very serious issue,” she told TMZ.
Since revealing the abuse publicly on the season premiere of the show, K. has come under fire from her “LHH: ATL” co-star Rasheeda and other MeMpHiTz supporters, who’ve made no secret that they doubt her story. K. hasn’t backpedaled at all, insisting that her former boyfriend and music producer beat her. She has even implied that there is proof of the physical abuse; however, she has yet to publicize it.
In addition to pressing charges against the “LHHATL” producers and VH1, MeMpHiTz is also suing K. for defamation. Though he did admit to restraining K. Michelle during an argument, he denies ever beating her, as she claims.
“Hopefully others will not have to go through this and then have their stories challenged to this degree,” offers K. Michelle, “because people now want to try to salvage whatever reputation they may have had,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here