“I’ve always been told that the truth shall set you free. I stand behind my story 100 percent. I came to ‘Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta’ show mainly because I wanted to give a voice and bring light to a very serious issue,” she told TMZ.
Since revealing the abuse publicly on the season premiere of the show, K. has come under fire from her “LHH: ATL” co-star Rasheeda and other MeMpHiTz supporters, who’ve made no secret that they doubt her story. K. hasn’t backpedaled at all, insisting that her former boyfriend and music producer beat her. She has even implied that there is proof of the physical abuse; however, she has yet to publicize it.
In addition to pressing charges against the “LHHATL” producers and VH1, MeMpHiTz is also suing K. for defamation. Though he did admit to restraining K. Michelle during an argument, he denies ever beating her, as she claims.
“Hopefully others will not have to go through this and then have their stories challenged to this degree,” offers K. Michelle, “because people now want to try to salvage whatever reputation they may have had,” she said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here