*Kato Kaelin, a star witness in the O.J. Simpson murder trial, appeared to have changed his tune about the former NFL player’s guilt in the murder of his ex-wife and her friend.
The New York Post reports that Kaelin, who was staying in Simpson’s guest house on the night of the murders in 1994, said Simpson did in fact kill Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman.
“The statute of limitations has now passed . . . so I can now say . . . yes, he did it,” Kaelin is quoted as saying in the Post’s story.
As for why he didn’t speak up sooner, Kaelin reportedly said, “I was too scared. I was terrified.”
However, Kaelin is now claiming the Post’s report is inaccurate. He tells TMZ that he never said those things to the reporter. Although Kaelin said he thinks Simpson is guilty, he added, “I have no first-hand knowledge.”
Kaelin was a key witness in the original trial, as he was able to account for some of Simpson’s movements before and after the time of the murders. Although some of his testimony contradicted Simpson’s telling of the events, his rambling and inconsistent answers led the prosecution to label Kaelin as a hostile witness.
Simpson was acquitted of the murders in 1995, but a civil suit against Simpson found him responsible for Brown and Goldman’s deaths two years later. Simpson is currently incarcerated in Nevada after being charged with multiple felonies, including robbery, kidnapping and assault, for entering a Las Vegas hotel room and taking sports memorabilia at gunpoint in 2007.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Too Bad Girlfriends Don't Know Everything
- Suge Knight Loses Phone and Visitor Privileges in Jail
- Wiz Khalifa Inks Deal to Release Own Line of Weed Strains
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here