*Kato Kaelin, a star witness in the O.J. Simpson murder trial, appeared to have changed his tune about the former NFL player’s guilt in the murder of his ex-wife and her friend.
The New York Post reports that Kaelin, who was staying in Simpson’s guest house on the night of the murders in 1994, said Simpson did in fact kill Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman.
“The statute of limitations has now passed . . . so I can now say . . . yes, he did it,” Kaelin is quoted as saying in the Post’s story.
As for why he didn’t speak up sooner, Kaelin reportedly said, “I was too scared. I was terrified.”
However, Kaelin is now claiming the Post’s report is inaccurate. He tells TMZ that he never said those things to the reporter. Although Kaelin said he thinks Simpson is guilty, he added, “I have no first-hand knowledge.”
Kaelin was a key witness in the original trial, as he was able to account for some of Simpson’s movements before and after the time of the murders. Although some of his testimony contradicted Simpson’s telling of the events, his rambling and inconsistent answers led the prosecution to label Kaelin as a hostile witness.
Simpson was acquitted of the murders in 1995, but a civil suit against Simpson found him responsible for Brown and Goldman’s deaths two years later. Simpson is currently incarcerated in Nevada after being charged with multiple felonies, including robbery, kidnapping and assault, for entering a Las Vegas hotel room and taking sports memorabilia at gunpoint in 2007.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Sheila E. Vows to Protect Prince - Lil Wayne Poses with No 'Respek' Crew
- 'Sisters In Law': Rhonda Wills Talks 'Staggering' Prince Estate and 'Criminal' Katrina Pierson [EUR Exclusive]
- Blind Boy (Christopher Ward) Sees 'Pretty' Mom for First Time (WATCH)
- Usher Responds to ‘Skinny’ Hate; ‘1st Look’ at 2Pac Shakur Biopic (WATCH)
- Tanya Hart Elected Co-chair of The Caucus for Producers, Writers & Directors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here