*Kato Kaelin, a star witness in the O.J. Simpson murder trial, appeared to have changed his tune about the former NFL player’s guilt in the murder of his ex-wife and her friend.
The New York Post reports that Kaelin, who was staying in Simpson’s guest house on the night of the murders in 1994, said Simpson did in fact kill Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman.
“The statute of limitations has now passed . . . so I can now say . . . yes, he did it,” Kaelin is quoted as saying in the Post’s story.
As for why he didn’t speak up sooner, Kaelin reportedly said, “I was too scared. I was terrified.”
However, Kaelin is now claiming the Post’s report is inaccurate. He tells TMZ that he never said those things to the reporter. Although Kaelin said he thinks Simpson is guilty, he added, “I have no first-hand knowledge.”
Kaelin was a key witness in the original trial, as he was able to account for some of Simpson’s movements before and after the time of the murders. Although some of his testimony contradicted Simpson’s telling of the events, his rambling and inconsistent answers led the prosecution to label Kaelin as a hostile witness.
Simpson was acquitted of the murders in 1995, but a civil suit against Simpson found him responsible for Brown and Goldman’s deaths two years later. Simpson is currently incarcerated in Nevada after being charged with multiple felonies, including robbery, kidnapping and assault, for entering a Las Vegas hotel room and taking sports memorabilia at gunpoint in 2007.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here