In an interview with V magazine, the reality star says she is striving to be the first socialite to gain a star on the celebrated landmark.
“I think there was a quote where somebody said that reality stars will never get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. So, of course I’m so competitive that I think that it would be a huge achievement and a goal that anyone would want. I would love to break that mold,” Kim told the magazine.
We can only imagine the restraint the HWOF rep mustered in developing this very gracious response to Ms. Kardashian’s wishes:
“She has not been nominated. She is a reality star. We don’t do reality stars. She needs to get a real acting job then come to us,” a rep for the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce tells Hollyscoop exclusively.
EUR thought it would be fun to do some research. You know, find out what kind of requirements might be necessary for this to be a fait accompli. We were happy to see that even non-humans and fictional characters were eligible to have a star; so Kermit the Frog, Big Bird, Rin Tin Tin and Lassie, all have stars.
But wait a minute, Kim. Their work has been quite admirable.
Anyway, here’s what we found:
Criteria for Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame
The criteria for getting a star on the Walk of Fame are fairly simple. For consideration, a nominee must:
1. Have a record of professional achievement within the nominated field.
2. Have worked in the entertainment industry for a minimum of five years.
3. Have made contributions to the community, typically through charitable activities.
The recipient must also agree to attend the dedication ceremony. In addition, a sponsorship fee of $25,000 must be paid. Non-human and fictional characters are also eligible for stars on the Walk of Fame. Kermit the Frog, Big Bird, Rin Tin Tin and Lassie all have stars.
Process for Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame
Nominations for getting a star on the Walk of Fame are announced in the entertainment trades. The nominations must be submitted by May 31 to the Walk of Fame Committee, which is division of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. Although the deadline is May 31, applications are accepted year round.
Sponsors of the nominees must fill out a very simple nomination form listing the nominee’s qualifications for inclusion in the Walk of Fame. Chances are your very first job application was more complicated than this form, which you can download in PDF format. Sponsors can also submit non-returnable samples of the nominee’s work.
EUR has underlied the sentence below as Ms. Kardashian may want to take special note:
The committee receives a few hundred nominations a year and out of these, typically chooses a couple dozen inductees. Once the Walk of Fame Committee has selected a nominee, the celebrity must be approved by the Board of Directors for the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, the Los Angeles City Board of Public Works, and finally the Los Angeles City Council.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Prince’s Heirs to Release ‘Hours and Hours’ of Vault Music
- Jada Pinkett Smith on ‘Gotham’ Return; Living in All-DC Comics Household
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here