LOS ANGELES, Calif., Sep. 11, 2012 — Out of 24 teams representing Africa, Caribbean, and the United States, teams from the USA (LAPD Centurions), Ghana, Cameroon, and Nigeria have advanced to the 2012 Los Angeles African Soccer Tournament’s semi-final game scheduled for the Home Depot Center Saturday, Sept. 15. A family-friendly and free event, both the semi-final and final games will be played as a part of the Home Depot Center’s African Heritage Day taking place from 11 A.M. to 7 P.M. and will feature a live concert with African and West Indian musicians, dancing, music, and more. The Home Depot Center is located at 18400 South Avalon Boulevard in Carson, Calif. For more information, please call (323) 993-8662 or log onto www.africansoccerla.com.
A CalSouth sanctioned event, the 2012 Los Angeles African Soccer Tournament featured teams from Belize, Angola, Zambia, Uganda, Togo, Tanzania, Sudan, South Africa, Senegal, Rwanda, Nigeria, Namibia, Mauritania, Morocco, Kenya, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Ghana, Eritrea, DR Congo, Cameroon, and the L.A.P.D. Centurions representing the United States.
According to the U.S. Census, it is estimated that the current population of African immigrants to the United States is about 881,300. In Los Angeles County there are about 26,000 Africans representing almost 3 percent of the black population. African countries in Los Angeles County with the most immigrants include Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa.
Produced by Vuvzela Media and Marketing Co., the event is sponsored in part by Soccer Shop USA, Money Gram International, Red Cross International, Afrozon, Fatal Cut Entertainment, Chivas USA, New Designs Charter School, Turkish Airlines, South African Airlines, Clear Essence Cosmetics, African Trumpet, Carib Press, Immigrant Magazine with support from the Los Angeles Police Department and the Los Angeles Fire Department.
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here