*Queen Latifah, Halle Berry are among the stars who have been recognized for their charity work by movie industry publication Variety magazine.
The annual Power of Women ceremony celebrates stars who have dedicated their time to philanthropic efforts, and this year, Chicago star Latifah, Oscar winner Berry, and actress Jessica Biel have been selected as honorees.
Latifah was chosen for serving as the founder of the Lancelot H. Owens Scholarship Foundation, which provides financial support to struggling students, and Berry was picked for her commitment to the anti-domestic violence organization Jenesse Center.
Additionally, Biel was applauded for her support of the clean water project Charity: Water.
The trio will be feted at a Hollywood luncheon on Oct. 5.
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here