*Queen Latifah, Halle Berry are among the stars who have been recognized for their charity work by movie industry publication Variety magazine.
The annual Power of Women ceremony celebrates stars who have dedicated their time to philanthropic efforts, and this year, Chicago star Latifah, Oscar winner Berry, and actress Jessica Biel have been selected as honorees.
Latifah was chosen for serving as the founder of the Lancelot H. Owens Scholarship Foundation, which provides financial support to struggling students, and Berry was picked for her commitment to the anti-domestic violence organization Jenesse Center.
Additionally, Biel was applauded for her support of the clean water project Charity: Water.
The trio will be feted at a Hollywood luncheon on Oct. 5.
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Watch Killing)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here