*Queen Latifah, Halle Berry are among the stars who have been recognized for their charity work by movie industry publication Variety magazine.
The annual Power of Women ceremony celebrates stars who have dedicated their time to philanthropic efforts, and this year, Chicago star Latifah, Oscar winner Berry, and actress Jessica Biel have been selected as honorees.
Latifah was chosen for serving as the founder of the Lancelot H. Owens Scholarship Foundation, which provides financial support to struggling students, and Berry was picked for her commitment to the anti-domestic violence organization Jenesse Center.
Additionally, Biel was applauded for her support of the clean water project Charity: Water.
The trio will be feted at a Hollywood luncheon on Oct. 5.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here