*Queen Latifah, Halle Berry are among the stars who have been recognized for their charity work by movie industry publication Variety magazine.
The annual Power of Women ceremony celebrates stars who have dedicated their time to philanthropic efforts, and this year, Chicago star Latifah, Oscar winner Berry, and actress Jessica Biel have been selected as honorees.
Latifah was chosen for serving as the founder of the Lancelot H. Owens Scholarship Foundation, which provides financial support to struggling students, and Berry was picked for her commitment to the anti-domestic violence organization Jenesse Center.
Additionally, Biel was applauded for her support of the clean water project Charity: Water.
The trio will be feted at a Hollywood luncheon on Oct. 5.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here