Some of Hip Hop’s best collaborations happen when you least expect.
Nas and the queen of Hip Hop (hands down) Lauryn Hill are coming together for a long overdue “Life Is Good/Black Rage” tour (inspired by Nas’ latest album and L’s new song “Black Rage”).
The songstress’ song discusses the reality of racial injustice and abuse, while Nas flips the script with his more reminiscent album title.
“I use the performance platform as an opportunity to express the energy of that moment, and the intention behind it,” Lauryn told Rap-Up.com. “I’ve been a long standing rebel against the stale, over commoditization. As artists we have the opportunity to help the public evolve, raise consciousness and awareness, teach, heal, enlighten, and inspire in ways the democratic process may not be able to touch. So we keep it moving.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The tour will kick off with a few solo stops for Nas on Oct. 6, and then the two will come together on Oct 29 in Dallas. They will tour all over, making a bit of Hip Hop history.
This is going to be a must see. Hopefully we’ll get the chance to see it. Remember, Lauryn is awaiting sentencing after being found guilty on tax evasion charges in November.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here