Some of Hip Hop’s best collaborations happen when you least expect.
Nas and the queen of Hip Hop (hands down) Lauryn Hill are coming together for a long overdue “Life Is Good/Black Rage” tour (inspired by Nas’ latest album and L’s new song “Black Rage”).
The songstress’ song discusses the reality of racial injustice and abuse, while Nas flips the script with his more reminiscent album title.
“I use the performance platform as an opportunity to express the energy of that moment, and the intention behind it,” Lauryn told Rap-Up.com. “I’ve been a long standing rebel against the stale, over commoditization. As artists we have the opportunity to help the public evolve, raise consciousness and awareness, teach, heal, enlighten, and inspire in ways the democratic process may not be able to touch. So we keep it moving.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The tour will kick off with a few solo stops for Nas on Oct. 6, and then the two will come together on Oct 29 in Dallas. They will tour all over, making a bit of Hip Hop history.
This is going to be a must see. Hopefully we’ll get the chance to see it. Remember, Lauryn is awaiting sentencing after being found guilty on tax evasion charges in November.
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here