Some of Hip Hop’s best collaborations happen when you least expect.
Nas and the queen of Hip Hop (hands down) Lauryn Hill are coming together for a long overdue “Life Is Good/Black Rage” tour (inspired by Nas’ latest album and L’s new song “Black Rage”).
The songstress’ song discusses the reality of racial injustice and abuse, while Nas flips the script with his more reminiscent album title.
“I use the performance platform as an opportunity to express the energy of that moment, and the intention behind it,” Lauryn told Rap-Up.com. “I’ve been a long standing rebel against the stale, over commoditization. As artists we have the opportunity to help the public evolve, raise consciousness and awareness, teach, heal, enlighten, and inspire in ways the democratic process may not be able to touch. So we keep it moving.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
The tour will kick off with a few solo stops for Nas on Oct. 6, and then the two will come together on Oct 29 in Dallas. They will tour all over, making a bit of Hip Hop history.
This is going to be a must see. Hopefully we’ll get the chance to see it. Remember, Lauryn is awaiting sentencing after being found guilty on tax evasion charges in November.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here