*If you know anything about Detroit, Michigan, affectionately known as The D, one of the favorite and one of the most famous venues is a unique island that sits between the city and another country, Canada. Now the city is in danger of losing the island to the state.
Belle Isle is where everyone has at one time or another had a family reunion, birthday party, or simply hung out on the “strip” to show off their ride and socialize. Well, the Detroit treasure has been a bargaining chip between the city and the state for some time.
Residents have long feared that the city would leased or sell the island to an outside company that would change the island in ways that the city’s resident would not appreciate.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here