*If you know anything about Detroit, Michigan, affectionately known as The D, one of the favorite and one of the most famous venues is a unique island that sits between the city and another country, Canada. Now the city is in danger of losing the island to the state.
Belle Isle is where everyone has at one time or another had a family reunion, birthday party, or simply hung out on the “strip” to show off their ride and socialize. Well, the Detroit treasure has been a bargaining chip between the city and the state for some time.
Residents have long feared that the city would leased or sell the island to an outside company that would change the island in ways that the city’s resident would not appreciate.
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here