However, authorities aren’t sure if any crimes were committed.
An envelope including pictures of aborted fetuses, a photo of Love and her husband Jason, and a photo of a hooded Ku Klux member were sent to Love’s mayoral office in Saratoga Springs, the Deseret News reported. Saratoga Springs’ city manager said the contents were “disturbing” and “pretty creepy.”
Love, who would be the first black female Republican elected to Congress, told the paper her opposition to President Barack Obama makes her a target.
“I knew that people would come after me,” she said. “I knew that people would try to change and distort information so I’m going to focus on things that are really important.”
Saratoga Springs Police Chief Gary Hicken has assigned an officer to look into the case, but he says that while the department recognizes the package as racial, it has not yet determined if it’s “criminal in nature.”
Hicken said police may increase patrols around Love’s house.
“If there is a physical threat, I’m sure they will let me know about it. But I want them (police) to be aware and handle that,” Love said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Ni*ga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here