However, authorities aren’t sure if any crimes were committed.
An envelope including pictures of aborted fetuses, a photo of Love and her husband Jason, and a photo of a hooded Ku Klux member were sent to Love’s mayoral office in Saratoga Springs, the Deseret News reported. Saratoga Springs’ city manager said the contents were “disturbing” and “pretty creepy.”
Love, who would be the first black female Republican elected to Congress, told the paper her opposition to President Barack Obama makes her a target.
“I knew that people would come after me,” she said. “I knew that people would try to change and distort information so I’m going to focus on things that are really important.”
Saratoga Springs Police Chief Gary Hicken has assigned an officer to look into the case, but he says that while the department recognizes the package as racial, it has not yet determined if it’s “criminal in nature.”
Hicken said police may increase patrols around Love’s house.
“If there is a physical threat, I’m sure they will let me know about it. But I want them (police) to be aware and handle that,” Love said.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here