However, authorities aren’t sure if any crimes were committed.
An envelope including pictures of aborted fetuses, a photo of Love and her husband Jason, and a photo of a hooded Ku Klux member were sent to Love’s mayoral office in Saratoga Springs, the Deseret News reported. Saratoga Springs’ city manager said the contents were “disturbing” and “pretty creepy.”
Love, who would be the first black female Republican elected to Congress, told the paper her opposition to President Barack Obama makes her a target.
“I knew that people would come after me,” she said. “I knew that people would try to change and distort information so I’m going to focus on things that are really important.”
Saratoga Springs Police Chief Gary Hicken has assigned an officer to look into the case, but he says that while the department recognizes the package as racial, it has not yet determined if it’s “criminal in nature.”
Hicken said police may increase patrols around Love’s house.
“If there is a physical threat, I’m sure they will let me know about it. But I want them (police) to be aware and handle that,” Love said.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here