Except for “Spawn ” and “Black Dynamite,” his action hero talents have been kinda overlooked in the past. But the time has come for actor Michael Jai White, who has been cast to play former marine, John “Falcon” Chapman, in what is expected to be an action movie franchise from Moonstone Entertainment, titled “Codename: Falcon.”
Described as a “dark anti-hero driven by guilt,” Falcon will destroy himself unless given something else to destroy; making him “a useful weapon-of-last-resort for the foreign ministry.” The first movie, FAVELA, sees Chapman traveling to Brazil to hunt down his sister’s killers, in the process, discovering an underground world of drugs, prostitution, and police corruption ruled by the Japanese mafia.
The first film in the franchise, titled “Favela,” is currently in pre-production. It will be directed by Isaac Florentine, who has directed several straight-to-video action movies with *name* actors.
Might we assume that “Favela” will also be a straight-to-video release? Stay tuned.
Moonstone’s plans are to produce about one Falcon movie a year, following Chapman as he is sent to exotic locations to do the foreign ministry’s dirty work. Shooting on the movie is planned to begin late this year.
Michael Jai White will next be seen on the big screen in Charlie Matthau’s dramedy, “Freaky Deaky.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here