Except for “Spawn ” and “Black Dynamite,” his action hero talents have been kinda overlooked in the past. But the time has come for actor Michael Jai White, who has been cast to play former marine, John “Falcon” Chapman, in what is expected to be an action movie franchise from Moonstone Entertainment, titled “Codename: Falcon.”
Described as a “dark anti-hero driven by guilt,” Falcon will destroy himself unless given something else to destroy; making him “a useful weapon-of-last-resort for the foreign ministry.” The first movie, FAVELA, sees Chapman traveling to Brazil to hunt down his sister’s killers, in the process, discovering an underground world of drugs, prostitution, and police corruption ruled by the Japanese mafia.
The first film in the franchise, titled “Favela,” is currently in pre-production. It will be directed by Isaac Florentine, who has directed several straight-to-video action movies with *name* actors.
Might we assume that “Favela” will also be a straight-to-video release? Stay tuned.
Moonstone’s plans are to produce about one Falcon movie a year, following Chapman as he is sent to exotic locations to do the foreign ministry’s dirty work. Shooting on the movie is planned to begin late this year.
Michael Jai White will next be seen on the big screen in Charlie Matthau’s dramedy, “Freaky Deaky.”
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Bobbi Kristina: Grave Being Prepared; Alleged Former Drug Dealer Dies of Overdose
- Chris Brown Files Paternity Papers to Thwart Baby Mama's Support Demands
- Rihanna Drops 'BBHMM' Video; Kidnaps Fans for Tidal Launch (Watch)
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Crazy Mom who Killed Her Kids: 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here