*Here we go again. Morgan Freeman is the latest celebrity victim of Internet death rumors after a Facebook page announcing the 75-year-old actor’s demise amassed more than 842,000 “likes.”
“At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture,” reads the hoax page. “Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”
The actor’s spokesman told TheWrap that Freeman is, in fact, alive and well.
Rumors of the actor’s demise, meanwhile, seem immortal. In late 2010, the actor was the victim of another prank claiming that the actor had died in his home.
The veteran actor has also been the subject of media reports that he planned to marry his step-granddaughter E’Dena Hines. It became so ubiquitous earlier this year that he was forced to issue a public statement to the contrary.
“The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers,” Freeman said. “What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here