*Here we go again. Morgan Freeman is the latest celebrity victim of Internet death rumors after a Facebook page announcing the 75-year-old actor’s demise amassed more than 842,000 “likes.”
“At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture,” reads the hoax page. “Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”
The actor’s spokesman told TheWrap that Freeman is, in fact, alive and well.
Rumors of the actor’s demise, meanwhile, seem immortal. In late 2010, the actor was the victim of another prank claiming that the actor had died in his home.
The veteran actor has also been the subject of media reports that he planned to marry his step-granddaughter E’Dena Hines. It became so ubiquitous earlier this year that he was forced to issue a public statement to the contrary.
“The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers,” Freeman said. “What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well.”
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here