*Here we go again. Morgan Freeman is the latest celebrity victim of Internet death rumors after a Facebook page announcing the 75-year-old actor’s demise amassed more than 842,000 “likes.”
“At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture,” reads the hoax page. “Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”
The actor’s spokesman told TheWrap that Freeman is, in fact, alive and well.
Rumors of the actor’s demise, meanwhile, seem immortal. In late 2010, the actor was the victim of another prank claiming that the actor had died in his home.
The veteran actor has also been the subject of media reports that he planned to marry his step-granddaughter E’Dena Hines. It became so ubiquitous earlier this year that he was forced to issue a public statement to the contrary.
“The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers,” Freeman said. “What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well.”
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here