*Here we go again. Morgan Freeman is the latest celebrity victim of Internet death rumors after a Facebook page announcing the 75-year-old actor’s demise amassed more than 842,000 “likes.”
“At about 5 p.m. ET on Thursday, our beloved actor Morgan Freeman passed away due to an artery rupture,” reads the hoax page. “Morgan was born on June 1, 1937. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.”
The actor’s spokesman told TheWrap that Freeman is, in fact, alive and well.
Rumors of the actor’s demise, meanwhile, seem immortal. In late 2010, the actor was the victim of another prank claiming that the actor had died in his home.
The veteran actor has also been the subject of media reports that he planned to marry his step-granddaughter E’Dena Hines. It became so ubiquitous earlier this year that he was forced to issue a public statement to the contrary.
“The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers,” Freeman said. “What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Glam-Horror 'The Neon Demon' is a 'Celebration of Narcissism'
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here