“Dangerous World” points out the absurdity in imposing strict voter ID laws to stop the 1 and 2.3 million chance that a person would commit voter fraud. View the film here: http://action.naacp.org/set-the-record-straight
The video demonstrates the fact that you are more likely to be struck by lightening, drowned in a bathtub, killed by a swarm of bees, or have witnessed a massive asteroid destroy the planet then commit an act of voter fraud.
“Proponents, in states like Pennsylvania, have unearthed little to no evidence of voter impersonation fraud,” said Benjamin Todd Jealous, President & CEO of the NAACP. “Yet, in the past two years, states have passed more laws to block more people from the ballot box since the dawn of the Jim Crow era. Suppressing the vote diminishes election integrity by nurturing a political environment that ignores democracy and sustains social, economic, and ethnic disparities in today’s society.”
“The NAACP will continue to educate communities about suppressive voting laws and will fight until misguided and malicious laws like these are wiped from the books.”
The video is one of a series of films the NAACP has developed with Brave New Foundation to expose the coordinated attacks on voting rights. Last December the NAACP released the film “We Will Stand” that highlights the new voter photo identification laws in South Carolina and introduces viewers to Brenda Williams, a community doctor who is fighting back by donating both her time and money to help her indigent patients get their identification.
Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation’s oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
- Sandra Bland’s Family Proceeds with Federal Lawsuit
- Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Reportedly Heading Toward Divorce?
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here