In “PURPOSE: An Immigrant’s Story,” Wycleff talks about everything from his impoverished childhood in Haiti, to becoming a big star.
He also answers the question that fans have been asking for years: why did the Fugees break up?
The answer, says Jean, is that Lauryn Hill tricked him into believing her firstborn son, Zion, was his. But we all know now that the father is Rohan Marley.
“In that moment something died between us,” Jean writes in “PURPOSE.” “I was married and Lauryn and I were having an affair, but she led me to believe that the baby was mine, and I couldn’t forgive that.”
Jean goes on to say that the betrayal he felt from Hill led to the band’s breakup.
EUR’s Ricardo Hazell is scheduled to speak with Wyclef Jean today and will have our exclusive report tomorrow.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here