The now 42-year-old, who can not only claim membership in the renowned group Brownstone; but can also be recognized as one of the few groups chosen by Michael Jackson on his limited roster of MJJ Music label artists.
Gilbert-Daniels says it was pressure from the music industry to lose weight that motivated her to get the surgery. In speaking about the upcoming episode she says,
“I discussed my tummy tuck surgery that happened when I was 24. After the scene a lot of people were like, “Are you sure you want to put that out there?” My answer: ABSOLUTELY! I used to be really embarrassed before – I was only 24 at the time, but now I realize that I was a little premature making such a big decision,” Gilbert-Daniels wrote in a post show blog recently.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Now the designer of “Curvato,“ a line of women’s clothing that embraces curves, Nicci says she was inspired by the passing of Kanye West’s mother, Donda West, to speak out.
“After Kanye West’s mom passed, I decided to speak to the dangers of what could happen and share my story. It’s real out here! Prior to my tummy tuck surgery, I lost 50 lbs,” says Gilbert. “So I had extra skin, so I don’t regret my decision; but at 24 it was a lot.”
The co-creator of “R&B Divas” adds:
“But that is the pressure you get working in the industry. Now a day’s its butt injections and tons of other things, but women need to really understand the repercussions,” she adds and is clear to point out that while she embraces women of plus size, she in no way advocates being unhealthy.
“To me, a CURVATO girl is sexy, confident and a woman who embraces curves but also understands her health. I am not endorsing to be heavy. I want women to enhance their curves not eliminate them.”
For more on Nicci Gilbert-Daniels’ Curvato, visit the official website: www.curvatoclothing.com
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here