*When you were growing up, and this question is for those that are at least 40, were there parents on your neighborhood playgrounds?
When you went to the playground, did you know everyone there? Did you walk to school at eight-years-old? Were you ever sent off the block to run to the store at that age? How much TV were you allowed to watch?
Now that we’ve asked those questions, do you think that children should be able to roam free at that age now? The general answer to that question has been, “Times are different now. You can’t leave children outside by themselves. Someone will snatch them or they’ll hurt themselves or someone else will hurt them.” But, the issue is more of a hot topic than we realize. Some experts and people with children have weighed in and the response has been argued on both sides.
Lenore Skenazy is a former journalist with two kids of her own that has supported the idea of letting children run free for many years. She is the author of “Free Range Kids” and runs a blog with the same name.
When her son was 9, she caught nationwide attention (more…)
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here