*When you were growing up, and this question is for those that are at least 40, were there parents on your neighborhood playgrounds?
When you went to the playground, did you know everyone there? Did you walk to school at eight-years-old? Were you ever sent off the block to run to the store at that age? How much TV were you allowed to watch?
Now that we’ve asked those questions, do you think that children should be able to roam free at that age now? The general answer to that question has been, “Times are different now. You can’t leave children outside by themselves. Someone will snatch them or they’ll hurt themselves or someone else will hurt them.” But, the issue is more of a hot topic than we realize. Some experts and people with children have weighed in and the response has been argued on both sides.
Lenore Skenazy is a former journalist with two kids of her own that has supported the idea of letting children run free for many years. She is the author of “Free Range Kids” and runs a blog with the same name.
When her son was 9, she caught nationwide attention (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here