*When you were growing up, and this question is for those that are at least 40, were there parents on your neighborhood playgrounds?
When you went to the playground, did you know everyone there? Did you walk to school at eight-years-old? Were you ever sent off the block to run to the store at that age? How much TV were you allowed to watch?
Now that we’ve asked those questions, do you think that children should be able to roam free at that age now? The general answer to that question has been, “Times are different now. You can’t leave children outside by themselves. Someone will snatch them or they’ll hurt themselves or someone else will hurt them.” But, the issue is more of a hot topic than we realize. Some experts and people with children have weighed in and the response has been argued on both sides.
Lenore Skenazy is a former journalist with two kids of her own that has supported the idea of letting children run free for many years. She is the author of “Free Range Kids” and runs a blog with the same name.
When her son was 9, she caught nationwide attention (more…)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Brother Comes Down on 'Morbid' Twitter Followers
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Tons of Laughs with Vacation; Stars Ed Helms and Christina Applegate as the Griswolds
- James Arawole Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Young Adult Novel on Struggles of Black Teens Living with Type-1 Diabetes
- With Iran Deal in Trouble, White House Reaching Out to Liberals for Support
- Atlanta Group MAKO Girls' Prep for Summer Promo Tour
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here