*Hollywood has been so moved by the passing of “Green Mile” star Michael Clarke Duncan. Described by many as “gentle,” “loving,” “awesome,” and “kind,” celebrities have taken to the pages of Twitter to express their heartfelt condolences. But no one is more deeply affected than Duncan’s fiancé, Omarosa Manigault.
“I am devastated,” the “Apprentice” alum told Radar Online. “He was the love of my life.”
Manigault and Duncan have dated since 2010, and were to be married in less than six months. The New York Daily News reported that the couple planned to start a family soon after.
TMZ videographers caught a sobbing Omarosa coming back into LAX on Monday night, having traveled to the Tom Joyner Family Reunion event in Orlando, Fla., before Duncan died (see video below).
Omarosa is said to have been at Duncan’s bedside for 50 days after he fell ill.
Frank Darabont, who directed Duncan in his breakout role in “The Green Mile,” shared his thoughts Monday via Ain’t It Cool News.
“I’m devastated at the loss of Michael Clarke Duncan, he said, “one of the finest people I’ve ever had the privilege to work with or know. Michael was the gentlest of souls – an exemplar of decency, integrity, and kindness. The sadness I feel is inexpressible.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Martin Lawrence told TMZ he had the privilege of working with the big man WAY before MCD became an actor. Lawrence told the pub, “From the days of him doing security on the ‘Martin’ show, to us working together on ‘Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins,’ I enjoyed working with him. He will be missed.” Martin adds, “My condolences go out to his family and loved ones.”
TMZ recalls Duncan was a bigtime private security guard in Hollywood before he made it big as an actor … working for stars like Will Smith, LL Cool J, Jamie Foxx and Christopher Wallace (aka Biggie Smalls).
Jon Cryer added a light moment, saying over the course of several tweets:
“I 1st ‘met’ Michael Clarke Duncan at a charity softball game. When I say ‘met’ I mean he hit a line drive into my crotch. The crotch hit came in handy later when he and I had to sing the theme from ‘Shaft’ a capella on my show. Great guy. Tragic. He will be missed.”
“Prayers for Michael Clarke Duncan and Omarosa, this is deeply saddening,” hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons said via Twitter.
And the death of this gentle giant has not been wasted on the youngin’s either.
Paris Jackson tweeted, “Damn…. rip michael clarke duncan, you were amazing dude,” while sentiments followed by Snooki, Rebecca Black, Amare Stoudemire, Alyssa Milano, Wilmer Valderrama and many more, who were moved by his passing.
“I will never forget meeting Michael and being delighted by his gentle, giggling stories about his family,” said Nia Vardalos. “R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan.”
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Obama Phoned Widow of Texas Police Officer Shot in Cold Blood
- EXCLUSIVE: 4 Years After Suspended Life Sentences, Scott Sisters Seek Pardon
- Joe Brown Released From Jail After 5-Day Sentence
- Is New Will Smith Movie ‘Concussion’ Making the NFL Nervous? (WATCH TRAILER)
- Kim Fields Joins Fellow ‘RHOA’ Stars with $212,000 Tax Lien
- Sanaa Lathan and Michael Ealy Speak at The Hollywood Confidential (PHOTOS)
- White Florida Teacher Says She Was Fired for Having Black Boyfriend (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here