During a phone conversation with the Ryan Cameron Show, he protested that the story is a big lie.
“I’ve never hurt anyone,” theactor featured in “Friday,” “Ray,” “The Brothers” and decades of other movies and television shows insisted in his first interview about the case.
As we reported, a woman using the pseudonym Kiyante Myers, however, is claiming otherwise; and has filed civil charges in federal court in Louisiana, reportedly seeking damages of some $75,000.
“I was never arrested,” Powell continued. “Never. TMZ is reporting this like it happened yesterday. This happened a year ago, Ryan. And people need to know the truth.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Jonathan Butler's Inspired Journey Pt2: 'I Am That I Am' (WATCH)
- Parenting Blog ‘Mom Junction’ Lists ’85 Popular Ghetto Baby Names’ For Your Child
- Prince’s ‘Take Me With U’ Jacket from ‘Purple Rain’ Up for Auction
- Will & Jada Launch New Initiative Under Obama’s ‘My Brother’s Keeper’
- Duane and Tisha Campbell-Martin Ordered to Turn Over ‘Dr. Ken’ Paychecks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here