*Jada Pinkett-Smith and Simon Cowell have scrapped their planned TV talent show that searches for the next superstar DJ, and word is — the issue was over who would receive top billing on the show’s credits.
Pinkett-Smith and her husband Will Smith’s production company Overbrook Entertainment were supposed to team up with Cowell’s Syco Entertainment to create an “American Idol”-type show for DJs with Sony Pictures Television.
Earlier this year, Cowell told reporters of the project: “As soon as I met Jada and Miguel (her associate)… I knew they would be our ideal partners… DJs are the new rock stars. It feels like the right time to make this show.” Pinkett-Smith added: “This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent.”
But, according to the New York Post’s Page Six, the two parties couldn’t decide whose name should be out in front on the project.
All Syco would say on the issue is: “Syco and Overbrook decided not to proceed together on a DJ-competition show.”
But, Page Six reported:
“We’re told production stalled because Cowell wanted top billing in producer credits. The Smiths and Overbrook Entertainment fought back, and lawyers were even brought in to haggle.
“It’s not happening anymore because of Simon,” a source told us.
Another source added, “There were some deal points that couldn’t be worked out, and Sony and Overbrook walked away.”
That source, however, said the differences weren’t over production credits.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here