*Jada Pinkett-Smith and Simon Cowell have scrapped their planned TV talent show that searches for the next superstar DJ, and word is — the issue was over who would receive top billing on the show’s credits.
Pinkett-Smith and her husband Will Smith’s production company Overbrook Entertainment were supposed to team up with Cowell’s Syco Entertainment to create an “American Idol”-type show for DJs with Sony Pictures Television.
Earlier this year, Cowell told reporters of the project: “As soon as I met Jada and Miguel (her associate)… I knew they would be our ideal partners… DJs are the new rock stars. It feels like the right time to make this show.” Pinkett-Smith added: “This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent.”
But, according to the New York Post’s Page Six, the two parties couldn’t decide whose name should be out in front on the project.
All Syco would say on the issue is: “Syco and Overbrook decided not to proceed together on a DJ-competition show.”
But, Page Six reported:
“We’re told production stalled because Cowell wanted top billing in producer credits. The Smiths and Overbrook Entertainment fought back, and lawyers were even brought in to haggle.
“It’s not happening anymore because of Simon,” a source told us.
Another source added, “There were some deal points that couldn’t be worked out, and Sony and Overbrook walked away.”
That source, however, said the differences weren’t over production credits.
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ Pulled from TV Land Over Confederate Flag Car
- National Action Network to Convene Members of Congress, Administration and Civil Rights Leaders for a Legislative & Policy Conference on Capitol Hill
- Flo Rida Pulls Out of Miss USA Pageant Over Donald Trump Comments
- Obama Crashes FLOTUS' Girl Scout Campfire: 'What Are You Doing in My Yard?'
- FBI: Lightning May Have Caused Fire at Mt. Zion AME Church
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here