*It’s as if he stepped right back into 1978.
Prince, sporting a natural afro like the cover of his first album “For You” (only shorter), visited “The View” this morning with Rosario Dawson and Van Jones to promote his upcoming ”Welcome 2 Chicago” residency.
Dawson and Jones are involved in the charity behind the shows, “Rebuild the Dream,” and the three of them chatted about that as well. But the headlines from the interview was Prince’s hair. It became a trending topic on Twitter.
Questlove tweeted, “Whoa!!! is Prince rockin’ a baby fro on The View??!!” The other “View” guest, by coincidence, was Prince’s former Minnesota governor, Jesse Ventura, who apologized to Prince for wearing a Jimi Hendrix shirt on the show.
Just as “The View” was wrapping, a retro R&B radio station in Sacramento, Calif., premiered a new Prince song. Titled “RnR Affair,” a pop-flavored track complete with ‘70s-style horns and a light groove.
Prince reportedly chose that station because his new protégé (and rumored girlfriend) Andy Allo is based out of Sacramento. A backup singer in his band, Allo’s new album was executive produced by Prince and features three songs he co-wrote.
As for next week’s “Welcome 2 Chicago” residency, two new shows were added at United Center, bringing his run there to three nights, Sept. 24-26.
Watch a clip of Prince on “The View” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here