*It’s as if he stepped right back into 1978.
Prince, sporting a natural afro like the cover of his first album “For You” (only shorter), visited “The View” this morning with Rosario Dawson and Van Jones to promote his upcoming ”Welcome 2 Chicago” residency.
Dawson and Jones are involved in the charity behind the shows, “Rebuild the Dream,” and the three of them chatted about that as well. But the headlines from the interview was Prince’s hair. It became a trending topic on Twitter.
Questlove tweeted, “Whoa!!! is Prince rockin’ a baby fro on The View??!!” The other “View” guest, by coincidence, was Prince’s former Minnesota governor, Jesse Ventura, who apologized to Prince for wearing a Jimi Hendrix shirt on the show.
Just as “The View” was wrapping, a retro R&B radio station in Sacramento, Calif., premiered a new Prince song. Titled “RnR Affair,” a pop-flavored track complete with ‘70s-style horns and a light groove.
Prince reportedly chose that station because his new protégé (and rumored girlfriend) Andy Allo is based out of Sacramento. A backup singer in his band, Allo’s new album was executive produced by Prince and features three songs he co-wrote.
As for next week’s “Welcome 2 Chicago” residency, two new shows were added at United Center, bringing his run there to three nights, Sept. 24-26.
Watch a clip of Prince on “The View” below.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here