*TV One has announced that its new original series “The Rickey Smiley Show” delivered the highest rated premiere in the history of the network.
The comedy’s Tuesday, 9 p.m. debut drew 621,000 homes and earned 468,000 viewers among the coveted 25-54 crowd. The second original episode at 9:30 p.m. improved on the premiere, drawing 642,000 homes and 515,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo.
Over the four telecasts of the premieres and encores, “The Rickey Smiley Show” had a gross average audience of nearly 2.3 million viewers.
“We are encouraged by the viewer support of ‘The Rickey Smiley Show’ and consider it a strong endorsement that black sitcoms are reclaiming their place in the programming spotlight,” states Toni Judkins, TV One EVP Programming and Production. “TV One is pleased to bring quality comedic entertainment to our viewers and is confident the audience will continue to enjoy the growing humor in subsequent episodes.”
The show stars Rickey Smiley, as a comedian, nationally syndicated radio personality, and single father of three juggling life at work and at home. Upcoming guest appearances include actress Lisa Raye, gospel star Fred Hammond, rapper Waka Flocka and Rickey as his signature characters “Bernice Jenkins” and “Joe Willie.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here