*TV One has announced that its new original series “The Rickey Smiley Show” delivered the highest rated premiere in the history of the network.
The comedy’s Tuesday, 9 p.m. debut drew 621,000 homes and earned 468,000 viewers among the coveted 25-54 crowd. The second original episode at 9:30 p.m. improved on the premiere, drawing 642,000 homes and 515,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo.
Over the four telecasts of the premieres and encores, “The Rickey Smiley Show” had a gross average audience of nearly 2.3 million viewers.
“We are encouraged by the viewer support of ‘The Rickey Smiley Show’ and consider it a strong endorsement that black sitcoms are reclaiming their place in the programming spotlight,” states Toni Judkins, TV One EVP Programming and Production. “TV One is pleased to bring quality comedic entertainment to our viewers and is confident the audience will continue to enjoy the growing humor in subsequent episodes.”
The show stars Rickey Smiley, as a comedian, nationally syndicated radio personality, and single father of three juggling life at work and at home. Upcoming guest appearances include actress Lisa Raye, gospel star Fred Hammond, rapper Waka Flocka and Rickey as his signature characters “Bernice Jenkins” and “Joe Willie.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here