*TV One has announced that its new original series “The Rickey Smiley Show” delivered the highest rated premiere in the history of the network.
The comedy’s Tuesday, 9 p.m. debut drew 621,000 homes and earned 468,000 viewers among the coveted 25-54 crowd. The second original episode at 9:30 p.m. improved on the premiere, drawing 642,000 homes and 515,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo.
Over the four telecasts of the premieres and encores, “The Rickey Smiley Show” had a gross average audience of nearly 2.3 million viewers.
“We are encouraged by the viewer support of ‘The Rickey Smiley Show’ and consider it a strong endorsement that black sitcoms are reclaiming their place in the programming spotlight,” states Toni Judkins, TV One EVP Programming and Production. “TV One is pleased to bring quality comedic entertainment to our viewers and is confident the audience will continue to enjoy the growing humor in subsequent episodes.”
The show stars Rickey Smiley, as a comedian, nationally syndicated radio personality, and single father of three juggling life at work and at home. Upcoming guest appearances include actress Lisa Raye, gospel star Fred Hammond, rapper Waka Flocka and Rickey as his signature characters “Bernice Jenkins” and “Joe Willie.”
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here