*TV One has announced that its new original series “The Rickey Smiley Show” delivered the highest rated premiere in the history of the network.
The comedy’s Tuesday, 9 p.m. debut drew 621,000 homes and earned 468,000 viewers among the coveted 25-54 crowd. The second original episode at 9:30 p.m. improved on the premiere, drawing 642,000 homes and 515,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo.
Over the four telecasts of the premieres and encores, “The Rickey Smiley Show” had a gross average audience of nearly 2.3 million viewers.
“We are encouraged by the viewer support of ‘The Rickey Smiley Show’ and consider it a strong endorsement that black sitcoms are reclaiming their place in the programming spotlight,” states Toni Judkins, TV One EVP Programming and Production. “TV One is pleased to bring quality comedic entertainment to our viewers and is confident the audience will continue to enjoy the growing humor in subsequent episodes.”
The show stars Rickey Smiley, as a comedian, nationally syndicated radio personality, and single father of three juggling life at work and at home. Upcoming guest appearances include actress Lisa Raye, gospel star Fred Hammond, rapper Waka Flocka and Rickey as his signature characters “Bernice Jenkins” and “Joe Willie.”
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here