*TV One has announced that its new original series “The Rickey Smiley Show” delivered the highest rated premiere in the history of the network.
The comedy’s Tuesday, 9 p.m. debut drew 621,000 homes and earned 468,000 viewers among the coveted 25-54 crowd. The second original episode at 9:30 p.m. improved on the premiere, drawing 642,000 homes and 515,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo.
Over the four telecasts of the premieres and encores, “The Rickey Smiley Show” had a gross average audience of nearly 2.3 million viewers.
“We are encouraged by the viewer support of ‘The Rickey Smiley Show’ and consider it a strong endorsement that black sitcoms are reclaiming their place in the programming spotlight,” states Toni Judkins, TV One EVP Programming and Production. “TV One is pleased to bring quality comedic entertainment to our viewers and is confident the audience will continue to enjoy the growing humor in subsequent episodes.”
The show stars Rickey Smiley, as a comedian, nationally syndicated radio personality, and single father of three juggling life at work and at home. Upcoming guest appearances include actress Lisa Raye, gospel star Fred Hammond, rapper Waka Flocka and Rickey as his signature characters “Bernice Jenkins” and “Joe Willie.”
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here